Need ability to change players colours
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
risker99 wrote:
Your site doesn't have the ability to allow me to change my colour. That means if I am in 25 different games, then I'll be in a wide variety of colours. I am already having to double and triple check what colour I am. I am used to being able to change my colour elsewhere, and I am always green. If I am concerned about or planning an assault on an opponent I should be able to change his colour to red if I want. What colours the other players 'see' should be up to them as well. This is a basic organizational tool.
Cireon wrote:
This is not as "basic" as you say it is. A lot of extra data has to be stored and managed and for what? Seriously, I don't have a problem at all playing different colours. Al-right I have never played 25 games at once, but still. The bar on top has the colour you are playing with, so when you start your turn, you immediately see what colour you are and you can adjust to that.

Then there is a problem with consistency. I sometimes refer to colours instead of player names when talking to someone and if people start fooling around with the colours, this will go horribly wrong and it will confuse both newbies as experienced players.

So no, I don't think it is worth implementing something like this. In my opinion it adds nothing but confusion to the website and the whole issue could be solved by paying a little bit more attention.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
skarni wrote:
I totally agree with Cireon on that point
Llibertat Presos polítics catalans. Love Democracy.
tryitonce wrote:
risker99: just start your own games the whole time yourself; then you can choose your color always; and due to the load of extra data which has to be stored i can imagine the staff isn't too keen implementing this