• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Cireon wrote:
Is it maybe an idea to add a warning if a newbie (say < 1200 points or less than 5 capitals game played) tries to join a capitals game. I just played a live game and it was immediately ruined by a newbie moving all his troops away.

So maybe a warning like the following:

"This game is a capitals games. That means the game is played with different rules. Make sure you have read these before joining. Not doing so might result in a warning or (temporary) ban."
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I am not a fan of the word ban in such a warning, but yes, it really is a good idea to do.

However, people (especially new ones) tend to not see the boxes in the center of the screen, or read things that give them usefull information, so where to put those things...

We already have so much information in the center box when joining a game (especially live games) :S.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
After they click join game, add another box that makes them click on something again. Maybe only show the button to confirm you want to join after 5 seconds delay so they HAVE to read it XD
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Hmmmz, that could work I guess.

How are others on this? It would require new players to wait 5 seconds and click a button then, which I think is annoying.

It would solve a part of the newbies moving all troops from their cap though.

We could make it so that they only have to click it once.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria