Starting with only one territory
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
BubbWatson wrote:
To start, I must say that this site is pretty cool. That being said, on to the real purpose of this thread. The other day, I was thinking about how annoying it was when you start a game and none of your people are grouped close to each other. From this, I came up with an idea for a new game type.

When you would play a game with this game type (I have no ideas for an appropriate name that doesn't sound like the Capital game type) you would start with only one territory (same as the Capital bases?). From there, you would be given an extra 7 - 12 reinforcements (10 -15 total) from where you can start to expand as you wish. After the first turn, you would get reinforcements like you usually do.

Now, why do this?
-Unlike the Capital game type, you don't have to have a goal of protecting your starting territory.
-Unlike the current game types, you start with a solid and centralized force.
-If I'm not the only one who likes this idea, from my basic understanding of the programming, this would also be fairly simple to implement (correct me if I am wrong please!).

Thanks for taking the time for reading and considering this!!
lifeinpixels wrote:
Say you have a 4 player game on world classic with this proposed mode. 4 territories will have troops, one for each of the 4 players. What happens to the rest of the territories? Neutrals? That would be very difficult to expand without losing your whole force.
BubbWatson wrote:
Isn't that what happens anyways? The only difference is that you aren't attacking an opponents 3 players. This would also be why you start with an increased number of reinforcements.

I do however see your point.