we need more stats!
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
pzer wrote:
I'm wondering how easy it would be to add more and better stats to the site. Some suggestions would be showing players win% (viewable by everyone - not sure why the win total is hidden from other players but can see my own), also win% for 2, 3, 4 etc. player games on deathmatch and cap games. The more detailed the better. Because this is a strategy game, I think more players than not would enjoy seeing very detailed stats on their play. Thoughts?
lionheart wrote:
I agree, showing percentages is a great way to show how good a player is. Especially for how many players in the game as well
Glanru wrote:
One thing to consider, typically most people would not likely read the win to loss ratio correctly. Say you play 100 games, but win 20, you might actually be a good player, but it looks like you win 1/5 games. However, all of those games could be 6-8 players, without people leaving and becoming neutral. Basically, win and lose statistics are not very useful with the format of this site.
pzer wrote:
Glanru - Apr 26, 08:17 PM
One thing to consider, typically most people would not likely read the win to loss ratio correctly. Say you play 100 games, but win 20, you might actually be a good player, but it looks like you win 1/5 games. However, all of those games could be 6-8 players, without people leaving and becoming neutral. Basically, win and lose statistics are not very useful with the format of this site.

I agree, that is why the more detailed, the better. The win % could be broken down by game type and amount of players. You would expect a good player to win 60% + on heads up games and maybe 20% on 5-6 person games and so on. This is a game of numbers and odds, thus many or most players attracted to this game would like to see their own stats and the stats of their competitors - at least I would.