• 50 posts
  • Page 4 of 4
Dferguson wrote:
It is me the rank hider! Personally I don't like automatic ranking and I have a few reasons, mostly all have already been said: adds another dimension to the game, sure some will know your holding it back but like Life said... Probably fools "90+%". Not sure what you guys and girls do in your games but I scope out who's in it, turns missed, their last win and/or loss, and if I have played them before. That way I know more or less their game style. What I have found is that some newer players will target better players (because of shown rank). So hiding it as saved me a few times. Also I play this for myself, I don't really feel the need to show my rank.
lifeinpixels wrote:
It would be fun to selectively hide your rank. Even now I play new players who tell me they're targeting me because of my rank. But they don't recognize me so if I could temporarily remove it, they wouldn't know any better.
Just a thought, not likely to be implemented I know.
Matty wrote:
lifeinpixels
But we still know you're a major ;)
Actually, I didn't, which might be one of the reasons I actually never invited you in one of my games.
There's a downside at hiding your rank too :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Dferguson wrote:
I would ask for an invite if I felt the need, but there are plenty of games out there.
Cireon wrote:
Another option would be to unlock ranks automatically, but give players the ability to choose which one is shown publicly from all the currently unlocked ranks.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card