A little help to the non-experienced players
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Leedog wrote:
With over 600 1 vs. 1 player games under my belt, these are some of the mistakes I have seen new players make:

1. If at all possible, never attack a 3 vs. 3!

Why? You may think it's a fair fight with your 3 men vs. their 3 men, but one of your men has to stay on the territory... so really the battle is a 2 vs. 3 and the odds are not in your favor to win.

2. If at all possible, never attack the Neutral Army (gray)!

Why? Every experienced player here will use them as a block... the goal is to kill the other players men, not the gray army. Also keep in mind, when you do need to attack the neutral army, expect a battle!

3. Capital game or Deathmatch? I feel the new players get their strategy confused. If playing a Capital game, you MUST keep Capital built up with men.

Why? Many players seem to feel they're playing a deathmatch game. They're more concerned about owning territories instead of putting men on Capital. If a player could make it to a card bonus of 15, the territories and their bonus play a lesser role in the game.

Bonus Tip: Don't get too strong too fast... the other players will view you as a severe threat and they will all come after you. =)

MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I agree with all you had said Leedog, but I would like to add something. Many players think they can play 4/5 players Cap games like they play 1 vs 1 Cap in the Caribbean map, and they use their troops in the capital to get a fast bonus,

1 vs 1 Cap games is quite different to a Cap games in bigger map and with more opponents. My advice would be: If you are not sure how it should be your strategy in one of this games and you are afraid of higher ranks players, don't worry. Look carefully what they are doing, try to figure out why they are doing that and imitate them even you are not 100% sure of their reasons. Why? Because probably they will be protecting their cap and keeping paths open; usually this guarantees 6/7 turns without too much action, time you should use to get used to the dynamic of the game.

In summary: 1 vs 1 Cap games (specially those in the Caribbean map) are quite different to cap games with more players, and although the essence of the strategy it's the same, the tactics are not.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
scaldwell17 wrote:
4. It should go without saying, but it happens quite a lot: Never, ever attack 2v3 or 2v2. The probabilities are stacked strongly against you, and even if you win, you leave behind two singles.
Matty wrote:
You usually can safely attack neutrals, just don't do that in 1 vs 1 games.
But yes, sometimes its better to leave them and attack your opponents instead.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.