• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Glacier wrote:
I have seen not many forums on games with no cards, so I thought would create a forum explaining good strategies for games with no cards:

For deathmatch basically take care of losing troops. I usually take the first 3-4 turns just reinforcing troops, no attacking or fortifying unless you can conquer a region, then fortify. So keep doing that, try for the americas together if you have troops there, if not try for any other region. Since you have NO cards regions are the top bonus, so what you need to take care of also is to basically either conquer a region with a high bonus IF POSSIBLE (don't waste troops doing that if you probably cannot keep it. So most likely I would just take care of others having regions. So try to set 4 territories where you just build up and don't attack. Make sure you have one in the americas, europe or africa, and one in asia or australia, and the other one where you think is the most helpful. Don't have them all in one place. And try your best to keep others from holding regions but don't weaken yourself too much to do that. And since this is no cards forget about taking people out, you want to be the last one to take only the last person out. When it becomes the right time, usually when you have up to 30 troops depending on what the circumstances are you can start attacking and conquering regions. Take as many regions as possible WITHOUT LOSING TOO MANY TROOPS. I'd try for north america or south america first usually. Then keep building up regions by turn and sooner later you can reach the whole world.

For capitals you want to be protecting your capital like crazy here, also I'd reinforce behind other capitals as well maybe and weaken all of them in 1 turn sometimes. I usually don't play capitals no cards so its kind of hard to explain. I would just make sure your capital is not low on troops compared to others, and try to conquer the region your capital is in unless you have another cap in your region. I don't usually play 8 capitals no cards on a small map though pretty hard. Also in normal games splitting your capital for a region is bad, but I'd say in a no cards game if you have south america or another region with only 2 borders go ahead and split it IF you have enough troops. In all no card games ESPECIALLY capitals it is VERY important to not lose all your troops because there is really no way to make up for that or get more troops.

Domination is basically like deathmatch but start attacking and gaining a bit earlier and try to avoid territories with big numbers on them.

Hope this Helps.