Hundreds and hundreds of troops.... doing nothing.
  • 25 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Sygmassacre wrote:
I usually wait for one to attack the other a little and follow up. Usually it doesn't matter who. Its like an unspoken alliance if the other party is on the same page. I will let them know if questioned by saying the only real way to end a three way stalemate is to get the game to a two player match (but usually the target gets mad and suicides on one player of both, but its fun to see them crying in the chat).
E.g

23 Feb, 21:50

Sygmassacre: the only way for this game to progress is if two people attack one so i waited for whoever attacked first to follow suit

23 Feb, 21:52

Sygmassacre: i wont lie. if mjd keeps attacking you, so will i. if mjd stops attacking you, so will i

The above example was in game 234599

Bear in mind that this is probably not a popular tactic but strictly speaking, it is within the "no secret alliances" rules as I interpret them
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
cbt711 wrote:
Lol I just tried that strat syg, and the guy getting attacked reported the game for teaming. .facepalm.
Sygmassacre wrote:
yeah you get that. The way I see it is you can attack anyone you want as long as you're not ruining the game for you both. It would fall under playing to win and of course as long as you aren't making an alliance via pm, no secret alliances
 Σ
Sygmassacre wrote:
Whew.....when I saw you had replied I thought I was gonna get in trouble
 Σ
cbt711 wrote:
Another point - setup for a kill on a player that results in two turn ins, If card value is not enough for two turn ins to kill the third player, then you might have to take a page out of Brewdog's book, and time 5 cards at the same time a weaker opponent has 5 cards, this will result in essentially 3 turn ins for the turn. 1 turn in to start, and 2 more after the kill. This is obviously not easy and requires the weaker of your two opponents going to 5 cards.

If that's not an option, start poking holes in defenses. Get some conflict going between the three players so overall troop count gets weaker vs. card value. Then time a 3+4 or 4+3 cards kill to where two turn ins is enough to kill the final player. Then finish the game.
Dima wrote:
If u play normal game without incrrasing card, then you must follpw the Border PhilosophY! That means: try do make the other two guys have the most borders with each other. And you try to keep the amount of borders as low as possible and only to one player pr atleast as.few.as possible.! Why? Borders will provoke arming and arming will provoke atks. The bprdering players tend to view each other much more as an enemy! So if u can give up or conquer places which gives you such “few-border-position“. I know it doesnt work always, but sometimes it does. So look constantly if you can do it. This strategy is very cool on mediteranean map, cuz the map is made like a circle.
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Dima is online.
Dima wrote:
Another idea is also to skip a turn to make other 2 think you are out of game. So they might ignore ur troops and concentrate on each other, atk, weaken, wasting troops and so on. Then you come back ur troops are the same size, the other 2 are weakened, so you come back as silverback of the board. But before you leave make sure your borders are well defended, to make atking you unprofitable and wasteful. Its also not good to have 4-5 cards or the others may want to get it while your faked absistence. The best is to have 2 or 3 cards set. Its also not so good with fog.
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Dima is online.