What do you do?
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
urgul wrote:
   Sooo... except for 1v1 games, the game eventually boils down to 2 final players. I struggle incredibly when it comes to that point of the game. I dont want to really defend when its just me and one other player, I just want to attack. I think thats what costs me. Wht does everyone else do when the game boils down to 2 players?
Cireon wrote:
Well, it is very hard to just set one strategy. This all depends a lot on the current situation. However, the most common situation will most probably be in an increasing game where you or the other player just killed the second last player. In that case the game is usually already decided.
The playing field will consist of a lot of "ones" and especially on larger maps, region bonuses don't matter anymore. What does matter however is the amount of territories you have. There are no other players to defend from, regions don't matter anymore so there is NO reason to have big armies standing around. The general rule is: take as many territories as possible. Of course you should not just apply this rule without thinking. If you can block one of his big armies in his own territories then do so, because then he can't attack you with them. If you can take over a huge portion of the map with all the other guy's armies destroyed or locked in, he won't be able to take much away from you and you will have a nice bonus next turn to cripple him even more.

So in general: the amount of territories matters so just throw everything at him that you have left, but keep thinking about what you're doing.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
lifeinpixels wrote:
Also a general rule of thumb... always attack when you have the advantage. That applies when you both have a big army sitting near each other, or when you have a large army attacking a field of 1s. Using men for defense usually gives the attacker the dice advantage so you want to try and avoid that.