What to do with a bad start
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
gragg9 wrote:
this has happened to me in a good few games recently. I'll start out with almost all of my troops in regions that are nearly unconquerable such as Asia on world classic. I was wondering what players more experienced with deathmatch game have to suggest with that kind of setup.
Matty wrote:
Well, you really don't need a region to win a game.
In increasing games just build up some troops everywhere, and start building near possible victimes more often.

Of course, you have some less troops than those with a good region, but then you don't have to waist troops at defending them, so you can use all your troops effectively to kill others.

As for fixed games, they take so long that in the end it will balance out eventually as well. Just play smart and be "the cute little innocent person in the corner that you don't have to pay attention to".
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
lifeinpixels wrote:
i've followed that advice since you told me a few months ago, genghis, and it has worked excellently.
dawson028 wrote:
What I normally do is try to appear weak. What I mean by this is that I attack only if the country has 1 troop then I move 2 into that region so I essentially build up my troops whilst looking like I havent done anything. I then just wait until I have a large turn in, and then BAM anhilation
madmouser wrote:
I agree with Matty. On the Classic map, one doesn't need to own a bonus region to win. I have won a few like that. What I would do is, build all my troops in one place, leaving a path open that'll allow access to the other opponents by those troops. Then, just wait for your big move (when you have the opportunity to kill an opponent, take his/her cards, and take out a second opponent, or more, with the troops received from the cards. In 'Increasing Cards' games, owning bonus regions isn't the key. In the end, it's all about the cards.