Russia-America
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
LordVader wrote:
I was wandering if Russia and Alaska will be connected? That and when will capitals be put in place. Other than these two problems. I love the map, my favorite so far. Hope to see more like these, actual war maps
Fendi wrote:
That is up for the map-maker, which is Noxon, to decide and the capitals will be put in when the game-play it set.
Vexer wrote:
There will be a connection between alaska and the us and from the us to japan.

Also, I have moved this thread to the Map Creation Forum instead of the General Discussion Forum.
LordVader wrote:
Ok awesome Vexer, nickadouble asked me if there would be a connection between asia and the Us.
LordVader wrote:
 Hey just quick question, I was wandering when Caps on this map were going to be placed? I cant remember who exactly does the placing but if they need help im more than willing to help.

What about keep to the actual storyline? I know caps have to be equal or close to equal from other caps, but (this is in mind when Russia and US connect) but let the caps be the actual major nations in the war. US, Russia, Australia, UK, Germany, China, Japan, and Russia?

I know Australia would be the easiest to protect, but China or Japan are right there. US would be easy to defend, other than if decided to put a cap in SA or the line between Russia and US ever gets connected. What I was thinking with Africa, you could have Germany there.
Why? Cause Erwin "Desert Fox" Rommel had HUGE campaigns there fighting the US and General George S. Patton "old blood and guts"

Just some suggestions, not only is the map my favorite, but to think how much more awesome it be to keep it as real as it gets
Matty wrote:
There are a few topics (sticky's, you should be able to find them) on map making that explain what's nescessary for capital placement.
Everyone is welcome to help out with capitals, so feel free to make a draft ;)

Note that fair gameplay is more important than reality. You could make it as real as you want, but if it's unfair its never going to be played.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
LordVader wrote:
I can look at the map again, but im certain we can make it fair and make in reality
LordVader wrote:
matty Can you paste the link to that forum, I searched and cant seem to find it
Matty wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=589

Its under Map Coding (A Ctrl-F on "capitals" will also get you there, if you are familiar with that)

@Vexer, can you rename that header to contain the word "capitals" or "capital placement"?
Might make it more clear...

(That was the main reason I asked you to find it yourself, to see if it was clear enough - it wasnt ;) )
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
it already says: Guide for Capitals Locations
but i can improve it a little
Thorpe wrote:
Vexer did you forget the rest of this post? I see no map.
Is this the map that was going to be for premium...

The upcoming World War II map will also be a premium map. We also plan on updating the graphics on some of the other maps and making them premium maps.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
The map is removed on the author's request.