Do you think an Antarctica map would be a good idea and tips
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
urgul wrote:
I would like for me or someone else to make an Antarctica map for dominating 12. I could use some suggestions, though.

Thanks,
-urgul-
Fendi wrote:
An Antarctica map has already been suggested but the picture has been removed. In my opinion, some locations are great for maps while others aren't. Antarctica falls in aren't category because of several reasons. But if you like to give it a try and maybe get it to work as a risk map then go ahead, just remember to post a rough draft before working too much on it in case this idea does not work out. 
urgul wrote:
thanks 4 the suggestion, fendi. will remember to make a rough draft
lifeinpixels wrote:
I actually think antarctica could be really exciting.

How about an antarctica map divided equally into 2 territories (would be maximum 2 players of course). Gameplay will use the same standard modes, but it can make for some really quick 1-3 turn games. Especially good for new players who want to get a feel for the game without devoting a lot of time into a bigger game. Also, it gives beginners a solid 50% chance of winning, even against top players!

Additionally, we could go cutting-edge and introduce a 1 player mode with this map. Put 3 guys on one territory and 3 neutrals on the other, and see how fast you can win! This might be a good mode for those players who want to rank up but aren't good enough to win against actual players.

Here's what i'm thinking: http://cl.ly/image/0Y0R473L0z3c

Any more than 2 territories, and I think this would be too similar to the other maps we have in terms of feel and gameplay. I want d12 to be a place where players can experience unique gameplay, with map types offered nowhere else on the web!

ps let me know what you think of the graphics - I'm no expert at microsoft paint.
Matty wrote:
You made my day, pure awesomeness!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
fanfriggintastic!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aaronfever wrote:
I don't know how serious this topic is, but what about dividing territories based on International claims?
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
PsymonStark wrote:
Well, it would be either a linear map (with periodic boundary conditions) or an all-terries-attack-everything one. It depends on the passability of the south pole.

Not very viable, this one.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.