• 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
Caribbean
Europe
Jungle of Despair
House Map
Caribbean Double

If you want to repaint the Caribbean map I can send you the outline but you should ask Noxon for permission or ask him if he will redo it himself.

I've never been a fan of the Europe map. Pntbttr got it to an acceptable state but of course it can always be better. I just don't like the style he came up with. If he wants to he can try some other style or someone else can ask him for permission to try a new style on it. We will of course have a vote on which version is better, new or old.

Jungle of Despair by Marcoxa has perspective issues and is ugly. I would prefer a new version with a new, beautiful style and a proper perspective. As it is now the forest looks mostly flat and the mountains straight up and down. It doesn't look right.

The House Map needs the touch of a talented artist. It needs a complete overhaul. The regions, territories and gameplay need to remain the same but all the graphics need to be redone.

It's the same for all of these maps except Carribean Double. The gameplay should remain the same. I am merely talking about repainting them.

If anyone wants to repaint Caribbean Double just say so. It needs a complete redo including a game play change. It either needs to be reduced to 44 territories or increased to 52 territories. I made the map before discovering that 45-51 territory maps are unfair because they give an advantage to the player who goes first. You could either combine matahambre with havanna to reduce the map from 46 to 44 territories or you could include the 3 florida territories from the caribbean map to get it to 52 territories. I originally removed florida to make the map shorter to reduce scrolling and because it looked funny to have the second florida half way down the map. Perhaps you will have more luck with fitting everything.
I would prefer a 44 territory map since this is a popular 2p map.

If you choose to update this map then please post a new outline first before any new graphics since the gameplay will be changing.

The DXII Stadium map is also needing new graphics but it would take a lot of work and I don't think it would be worth it. Not very many players like playing on that map. For that reason the map has been discontinued. Everyone who currently has access to making games on the map will retain that access but new players won't see the games.

Are there any other maps that need touch ups or redo's?
-NoXoN- wrote:
If someone like to redo Caribbean map is ok but keep in mind that your final image have to look like a map (Fully different from Basketball map and Realm of Honored Players)
I dont have time to redo this map but i can help with what i can if new artist ask.
Thorpe wrote:
Realm of Honored players was one of my first maps and I agree that one needs help and does not look like a map..but it really was not meant to look like one and I did it for fun.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
Realm of Honored Players is a just for fun map like Thorpe said. It is not given to new players or promoted. They can get the map if they like if they can find the page where you can purchase maps with tokens. I can set it up the same for the basketball map if people agree that it shouldn't be promoted anymore.
Leedog wrote:
1. I think the Baseball Stadium map was very well done and hope it doesn't get removed.

2. I would imagine, when Thorpe gets the time, he may revisit Realm map.

3. As for Jungle Map, was thinking of a possible game change by having a system of rivers in the jungle and every territory on the river can attack all others on the river.

Cireon wrote:
That sounds fun Leedog, I would be interested in seeing that. However, changing the gameplay would make the new map incompatible with the old one.

Looking forward to all updates to maps. I agree that the stated maps need some work to meet the new standards. I think the Europe map looks fine though, but it can always become better!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
We have two maps, the basketball map and the dxii stadium.
I actually like the basketball map's graphics alot.
The stadium map needs improvement, yes, but I think the basketball one is fine.
I meen, its not really a map of a region, so not very risk like, but the looks are pretty nice I think.
So I think it should be promoted :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
-NoXoN- wrote:
I decided to redo Caribbean map but after i have finish maps WWII and Pearl harbor.

Other maps that need touch ups or redo's:

-Falkland islands
 -South africa district
Vexer wrote:
I am glad to hear that. It is our second most popular map, it needs to look good.
Thorpe wrote:
What do you want the Falkland map to look like or should I say what needs to be done?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
-NoXoN- wrote:
Do you think Water-color on these maps is looking good? Can you just try to play with Hue and Saturation? Maybe by chance it will look better.
Thorpe wrote:
I will try on Falkland ...but South is not mine...thx