• 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Narib wrote:
This map is obviously not close to being finished graphically or otherwise. I wanted to post it to see what people thought of the region and territory layout. After I got into making this map somewhat following Aztec regions I think it may have gotten somewhat out of control. And may need to be consolidated/simplified? At the very least it looks like it's turned into a more advanced map.

Do you all think the regions have too many borders to defend with too many territories? All the territories are large enough for capital icons.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/briwayjones/AztecEmpire-preview2_zpscc639c05.jpg
Vexer wrote:
I think the regions need to be more defensible and though those territories might be big enough to fit the circle but they also need to be big enough to fit a text label as well.

Most of you map is dead space. For example the ocean and the extra land. Your territories would be bigger if the playable area of the map was increased. You need to zoom in more.

Also, the map should be 1024 pixels wide. What you've posted is 805 pixels wide.

I am glad that you posted it at this stage instead waiting until it was pretty. We need to get the game play hammered out first.
Narib wrote:
That is not the final size of the map. That's just what it ended up being for posting purposes. The working map is actually over 2000 pixels wide. The final will be 1024 wide. There also won't be that much dead space, that's just what I ended up windowing quickly. I just wanted territory region input.
Matty wrote:
Well, 6 borders for a region with 7 territories, 6 borders for a region with 8 territories, 4 borders for a region with 5 territories thats alot of border and very little region.
So it will be very hard to defend any region except the bottom left one.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I agree with above posts. Is it maybe possible to add some obstructions like mountains or rivers (I don't know the geography of that area of the world, so I can't tell).
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Vexer wrote:
Are your territory boundaries completely arbitrary? If so then just redraw the boundaries and redo the regions so that at least half the regions are defensible. And the other regions still need to be somewhat defensible. Regions need to matter to make the game interesting. If none of the regions are defensible then the regions don't matter and the game is not as much fun.
Narib wrote:
I'm going to redo the territories. The Aztec territories were very loose and open for a lot of interpretation. I figured they probably had too many borders.
lionheart wrote:
There are a lot of mountains in this area, if you can get the game medieval 2 total war kingdoms expansion the campaign map will provide loads of inspiration. It will have all the clans of that time and where mountain passes are.
Leedog wrote:
Thorpe is working on a Brazil map and D-12 recently added a Central America map.

The Aztec area would all ready be covered.