looking for feedback
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Leedog wrote:
Throwing this idea our there for 3-D Risk. Was thinking about 3 dimensional Chess and wondered if it could work with the game Risk. This is just a rough draft to try to explain how this could possibly work.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/50762996.jpg/

1. Have 4 layers

2. Each of the layers have the same territory lines

3. Player on layer 1, on territory "A" could attack any "A" territory on any of the other 3 layers.

4. It would be like the Caribbean Map but x 4.

5. Colors of the territories would match on all the layers but the texture would be different... or maybe not? Not sure.

6. This would possibly be an "advanced" map.

7. Came up with possible titles for the 4 layers... Heaven, Earth, Purgatory and Hell. Or maybe something to do with Mythology? Layer 1 Heaven (Mt. Olympus), layer 2 Earth, Layer 3 Ocean (Poseidon's' realm) and layer 4 Underworld (Hades' realm)

Any further suggestions would be welcome!
Matty wrote:
Well, I think it would cost alot of time to look up all the connections, while the gmeplay isnt that much more interesting.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Cireon wrote:
While the concept is interesting, I am not sure if the gameplay would work out. A mythology map is cool though, but having four times the same map, I don't think it would work out very well. Four layers with different connections might be more interesting, but it would be very hard to have a proper overview of the map, so it probably wouldn't work out anyway.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card