a small map
  • 30 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
The_Bishop wrote:
http://oi48.tinypic.com/16qoh3.jpg
Spoiler added by aeronautic (click to show)

Description: File size is 707x1024.
It rapresents the Alps classified by the traditional (Italian) Partizione delle Alpi (= Partition of Alps) since 1924.
Nowasaday a more scientific classification exists, but the older still survives and it's well known.
That image is an Alpine Ibex. It's a very strong animal. He walks on extremly abrupt rocks and makes hard duels using his sturdy antlers and jumpy skills.

Size: 26 territories.

Bonuses: 6 regiones with a total amount of 15.

Connectivity: high.

Capitals... too early! :)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Pntbttr wrote:
Cool idea! I love it.

Outline...way too thick and pixelated
Region Bonuses...Venetians = 3
Pntbttr wrote:
that's weird...it made me post twice (I edited the post)
marcoxa wrote:
the map looks kinda grainy and/or pixelated but its a good start :)
-NoXoN- wrote:
Not too bad but why did you to decide to make small map? I dont see something special in this map. I dont have idea how this map will look in the end is really hard to make nice graphic for this map.
 For now if i have to vote from 1 to 10 (10 is best) i will vote 1
I know that is not good to start working in second map before you have finish first one. I wish you good luck with your maps and hope that you will not suffer like leedog with NY map.

Oh Pntbttr dont lie. Is not cool idea and you dont love it.
The_Bishop wrote:
Thank you for your interest Noxon. You killed me with your vote.

I didn't decide to make a small map, I just wanted a map of Alps. I looked into different solutions and this looks to me the best one. Anyway I would be glad to make a small map. Why not?

There's no reason for Pntbttr to lie! Well, if he really love my project, he can prove it giving me an help to make this map suitable to the DXII style. I think he is a very good map maker.

Could you help me Pntbttr, please?
Vexer wrote:
The style and colors are good but the outline has to be redone to make it smoother. And since you'll be redoing the outline might as well add some more territories. 26 territories is only good for two players.

I would like to see the map be between 39 and 44 territories. But if that isn't possible then try to get it between 30-35 so that it can at least be used for 3 player games.

I am sorry that I have not had time to comment on your other map yet. I have been extremely busy dealing with other issues on the site.
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh comon Vexer... Many people like 2p game in this site! They will go on to play Caribbean all the life?

To be honest I think that map is genial in gameplay (one day I had a 3 caps game in Caribbean map with more than 300 troops... funny!) Congratulations for your map Noxon, but one day people will get bored.

Maps good for 2p are also good for 3, and also for 4p that want a more quickly game. And also more... I saw some 6p game in the Isthmus of Panama (28 terries) and actually I am in a regular game with 8 caps in Dominican Republic map (32 terries)!

What is the problem to have another map with 26 terries?
This map is how the traditional "partition of alps" is. I can't add some terry!

I'm working on one with 42 terries (ATOM). And I'm projecting one other with 40 and one with 52 and one with 54.
And one huge map also, i don't know exactly... about 100.

Let me work on this, please...
-NoXoN- wrote:
It will be better if you make this map on paper.I will try to find something to show you.
 i said for now i vote 1, but i know you will work more and hope that you will make it much better.
 Carribean was my first map, thx.
 Are you using photoshop to make this map?
Vexer wrote:
ok i guess we can have another 2p map.

Let's start with you redoing the outline to be smoother and not so thick.

Also, what is the explanation for the dotted line connector. How is it that those two territories are connected?
-NoXoN- wrote:
Can you try to do something like this? This map is similar with yours, just try to make it on paper and pntbttr can help you with textures and Thorpe with fonts.

[image]

I think you can do it better =)
The_Bishop wrote:
Sorry for the delay Noxon I can't understand why you want me to make the map on paper. Btw wanna make the Australian map first
Matty wrote:
Actually I like this map already.
Wonderfully small (though maybe a bit too small). I like the original idea for the background.

Yes, the outline needs work, the fonts are really really basic. But it has a nice overall look. Good job ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria