My made up world...
  • 21 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Vexer wrote:
The title on the map doesn't match the title of the post. Modeo.. sounds like Rodeo.

I actually really like this map and am surprised how much i like the text considering it's black with white outline instead of white with black outline. I can't think of a whole lot wrong with the map. I'll have to take a closer look later. The mountains are both good and bad at the same time. The style is good but the shape is unrealistic.

I'm really not supposed to be commenting considering san fransisco isn't done but I just had to say nice work.
Pntbttr wrote:
I'm working with Leedog on the San Francisco map...he began it and I pieced it together...

Oops! I totally missed that! So do you like the title on the map or the title of the topic?
Vexer wrote:
well since i poked fun at how modeo sounds like rodeo, i thought you'd know that mordeo is better. but still i don't like either title that much.
Thorpe wrote:
What is up with those mountains? They look...well...weird. Did the sun melt them? lol

Nice job on the map.

What is the meaning of your title? Maybe Weirdo would be better!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Well, what do I say.

The texture is way to sharp here and there, Your mountains are to flubbery, the gameplay is going to be hard, because there is only one good region - without it you are either too weak or too strong, and there are lots, lots and lots of isles, and no decent main land.

So in short, I like it :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I think i remember fendi saying that the map seemed cartoony. I am not sure what she is trying to say. And it appears she doesn't have time to get in here and say it.

nice second attempt on the mountains. but they are way too big and take up more space than necessary and the shape is still wrong. need more smaller mountains mixed in with the big ones.

Both Fendi and Matty think that the texture on the land is too sharp. try decreasing the contrast on that layer.
Thorpe wrote:
The bridges ...oops I mean the mountains are going the right way just they need to be smaller and the add some smaller ones.
Maybe try making them look more real.

You might get it right after the 105 time. Right Matty?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Well, the mountains are better, but can still use some improvement yes :)
Dont worry though, 103 times is not that much
Its not so much like:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot+abs%28sin%283x%29%29+from+0+to+pi,
but more like:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot+0.9*sin%28x%29+%2B+abs%28sin%283x%29%29+from+0+to+pi

Yup, texture is too sharp

I like the change on Parva, but it might need a bonus of three now.

And Fendi's right, indeed it looks a bit cartoonish. I like it though.

Also, there is alot of border (sea) to the right, but very little to the left, bottem and top.
Maybe you can enlarge the map a bit vertically, and move everything a bit to the right.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
Thanks Matty...I think your right about the mountains...I'll fix the texture...I thought I might need to make the bonus three but I wasn't sure, does everyone else think it should be 3...I like the cartoonish look to it...I didn't notice that until you said it Matty...I will fix the problem on the right of the map...
Vexer wrote:
First off, Matty's post shows you why his nickname is Mathy.

Second, I think it should be 3 as well.
Thorpe wrote:
Matty you are way TOOOO FUNNY!!!!

I do not like the cartoon style on the map...sorry ... is this just thrown together to give you a break from the harder maps? And still have not given what the name means.

I looked at it and what I do not like is the blue Ocean.

I love the texture on the land...but I think if you change the ocean you will get rid of the cartoon look and I would do that before you change the texture and see if the texture is too sharp after you change the ocean.
Cireon wrote:
What's the problem with a cartoony style. Why should all maps look realistic and the same. Personally, I think having a bit more cartoony maps is fine. The mountains are a bit too big maybe, but the general idea is good.

I am not going to comment on colours, I'm not good with that.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Pntbttr wrote:
I figured since Latin is a dead language and I'm bad at making up names I could just translate words into Latin...Mordeo means Champion or Attacker...I tried to use words that fit with each island the green island has names that mean big or biggest and yellow has names that mean small or smallest...I think I used words that meant stuff like boat for the orange region because it has the most land that is close to water...I think the brown region was like center or battle field or something and I forget what purple was...