A zodiac based map
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
pretty cool map lizoLB. I'll take a closer look after work.
Pntbttr wrote:
I don't like many of the regions though...I think you should combind some of them...
cody224 wrote:
I think it looks really good... and im really into zodiac/horoscope so I would play on this map a lot. Love the Pisces one, with the color/graphics. That's my zodiac sign.

The only thing I would suggest is adding the rest of the zodiac names on the regions.
Pntbttr wrote:
I would combinded the following regions:
redish-pink/purple (top left)
red/blue (to the right of the last one)
the two greenish regions with only two territories in each (below redish-pink)
Glanru wrote:
Yes, I like the idea LizoLB. Your artistic ability is clearly evident in this map. I have insufficient skill in that area, so I'll just state that I like how it looks. 

One minor thing regarding the look though, the solid white territory boundaries do seem a little bright. I have to squint a little to see the map when I'm looking at it in general or at the mini-map, though this goes away when I focus on an individual territory or region. Could just be my monitor brightness or my eyes, I'm not sure.

The territories are going to need some sort of name that's visible so that players know which territories they have for cards. I'd suggest you take a look at the Saturn map for one method.

I'm a little confused on the arrangement of the signs. The middle shows 12 signs, and I see where some of the regions are placed in that quadrant of the map. I don't see others, and I only count 11 regions.

You have a three-corners problem: The territories at the bottom in the middle, I can't tell if one of the pink territories can or cannot attack the yellow territory. Similar issue with the yellow and green territories in the top right, and with yellow and white to the bottom right. You also have a four-corners problem just to the right of the middle where it's unclear which territories in blue, green, yellow, and white can or cannot attack each other.
Pntbttr wrote:
I think we should bring back our attention to this map...it has amazing graphics...but I personally don't like the game play in the green yellow and blue regions...I don't know how you would improve the map...does anybody have any suggestions...

Holt wrote:
I can not really comment on this map until Lizo puts a few more touches into the map. I think there are a few spots where the territory connections still need to be clearly defined. Especially in the South where there are 3 territories that share the same corner but it looks as though the green territory may be able to attack both of the other two. Also in the green territory to the right of the map. There is a triangular corner but I am not aware if that territory would be able to attack the territory where it appears the corner is touching. I would really like to see this map get touched up as soon as possible. It takes away from the norm of building maps of already known places on earth and starts looking more into creativity..