I think needs changed
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
1771 wrote:
The current capitals in a 2 player game are in Glasgow and Oxford .I just played a 2 player game and my opponent was able to take over Scotland first turn earning + 3, while only having 3 borders to defend. Where my capital was placed in Oxford it would be impossible to accomplish that. Oxford is in South England, having 6 borders and 4 more territories.

I suggest the current capitals be changed to Glasgow and Powys. They both have 3 borders, they both are worth a + 3, and Scotland only has 1 more territory than Whales. The only difference is Oxford is 1 more territory away from Glasgow, 5 step or 6 steps what does it matter in 2 man game? Also kinda cool it would be 5 territories away in either direction through N. England or N. Ireland. Also Powys is on a border like Glasgow is. I just don't think the one more territory should make that big of a difference, when looking at the pro's and con's. Especially in 2 player game.

Pntbttr wrote:
I had the oppisite thing happen I owned the red region and went first I defended the red region and then took there cap next turn but my cap was down in the green region. lol

it was three turns in all!
Vexer wrote:
to be honest I never evaluated the caps noxon chose because I didn't have time and lucide was too busy to help. I agree that the caps are not fair. 1771, your suggestion is an improvement. i have changed it to that until we can come up with an agreement on something better. My problem with your suggestion is that now Powys is the better cap because you can take over the entire region from your cap.

Here's my counter suggestion. Gloucs and Ayr.
-NoXoN- wrote:
When i have choose capitals there was only one border to blue region and oxford was in border so i think it was fair untill we decided to make 2 borders for blue region.
Vexer wrote:
yes, they were more fair before we changed the borders. But what do you think of my suggestion for Gloucs and Ayr?
Votazap wrote:
despise cardinals as well as the brewers...being a phillies fan i am quite mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucide wrote:
I would choose Dyfed and Ayr.
-They both have 4 neighbors
-Both are not adjacent to all other cities in the same bonus region
-Both are can occupy the continent they are in without getting stuck

They may seem abit close, but in 2p caps, its not easy to hop 4 cities, all with 3 troops. Besides, this distance can most likely be blocked.

Gloucs and Ayr are not bad choices but gluocks is better, it has 7 adjacent cities, that it is most likely never blocked. I think number of adjacent cities should be fairly equal, that gives equal chance to be stuck.
Vexer wrote:
Lucide makes some good points. I cast my vote for his suggestion.. Dyfed and Ayr. Would like to hear from at least noxon and 1771 on this before I change it.