New Parallel Universe Map
  • 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Vexer wrote:
This is an implementation of and idea that dsds had. What do you guys think?

I had to remove Florida to be able to fit two maps into 1024x1024 pixels. This version of the Caribbean map has 46 territories. I think the game play will be quite interesting.

Does the name Caribbean Double work? Can you think of a better one? Is the explanation on the map clear enough? Can you think of a better way to explain it?

[image]
Thorpe wrote:
If the bonus you have to have 1 and 2 in both places ...that should be in the key or do you get double... do you get bonus for each universe you control... need to know for game play. Don't explain it to me let me see it on the map, that way everyone will know. I played africa map and I thought one country could attack but found out it was block...It would of been nice to know before hand. I don't want that to happen on this great map ....Looking forward to playing it!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
lucide wrote:
What about placing the mirror image of the map, instead of the duplicate? Like, Jamaica will be near to its counterpart and Clarence will be at the bottom.. That way it may look better. You can blur the mirror image a bit, which would give an "another world" feeling. And may be you dont have to put labels for the mirror image.

I would love to see the mirrored version of the classic world map, that has been played by millions of people. I beleive, such a version of the classic map will draw attention to the site:)
1771 wrote:
So Juve could attack Juve 2, man I LOVE THAT!!!!!!! Definetly an interesting twist, another map that will put us a step above the other sites. Kind of reminds me of Superman 2, where there was a bad superman..LOL!!!

I also like Lucides ideal of doubling the world map, people will think that is awesome, and would most likely be drawn to it. It is the map that is most played. GREAT WORK once again Vexer, you are truely helping our site become the best!!!!
Pntbttr wrote:
I think we should call it the mirror world and then make all the names backward. One problem with this idea, it will be impossible to hold a region! We could do a thing where there is one point in each region that you can attack each other with.
Vexer wrote:
One thing that we have to think about it is how long it takes to find the duplicate territory. when you are playing a live game and you only have 5 minutes to sweep the board, you need to be able to see the connections quickly. I think that doubling the map and having labels is the best way to make it quick and easy to find the duplicate.

I agree however that it would look cooler if it was mirrored. I will mirror the world map instead of duplicating it because everyone is very familiar with it so it shouldn't take long to find the duplicate territory either way. That being said, I do want to have labels on the duplicate territories. people can recognize words faster than shapes so I want to include the labels to increase the speed in which you can find a territories duplicate. I also like Lucide's idea of blurring or distorting the mirrored image. that would be easier than modifying the color scheme. But I don't want to mirror this map because new players won't be familiar enough with the map to find a territory's duplicate quickly.

I don't like Pntbttr's idea of making the names backward because i want to be able to find the territory as quickly as possible. making the names backward would make it take longer to find the territories that you have cards for especially if you are unfamiliar with the map.
Vexer wrote:
Pntbttr, i don't think you have thought about the strategy for very long. here is a tip. take the regions in pairs, that will turn this map from a map with small easy regions to defend into a map with medium sized regions that are easy to defend but not as easy.

The reason why I did this concept with this map first is because it has small regions that are easy to defend.
Vexer wrote:
@thorpe. I don't know how to make it more clear so I will explain it to you more fully here and then maybe you can tell me how to explain it better on the map.

you get a +6 for holding Cuba whether it is the first one or the duplicate. there is no bonus for holding both.

So you understand how haiti can attack haiti 2 right? is that part clear on the map?

So do you understand what I mean when I say the best way to defend your region is to also take the duplicate region?
1771 wrote:
I just wanted to say, I really don't like the ideal of making the names backwards either..I think with it being mirrored people will have a hard enough time figuring it out at first. I like this map just how it stands..I think it is a well done map from Noxon, and A cherry on top from Vexer :) I say go with it, and MAN DO I LOOK FORWARD TO THE MIRRORED WORLD>>> " Bring It" as my new friend Thorpe says :)

Just to add to Vexers, I am quite certain here that if you did own both cubas you would be getting a +12, also be getting a nice butt whooping from EVERY player left...Kind of like owning Asia...Not happening until maybe the end game.. GREAT WORK!!!! We are BLESSED to have such talent!
Thorpe wrote:
With 1771 note on bonus armies...that's what I thought. What about a line between the mirror map and the first map, blurred line between them, it seem like there is a small amount of blurring there already? Maybe a parallel universe key added. That way they can see you can get double bonus for both worlds.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
I'd rather keep the map as simple and uncluttered as possible. I think people will get it but if they don't then I can edit the map and add a second legend later.
Thorpe wrote:
What about more of a blurred line down the middle?