• 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
nanoTek wrote:
Okay so here is a map about the vikings. I have not stopped working on my throes of perdition map, I just took a little time off because that is a big project and my first map so I want it to look the best. I worked on this map for about 3 hours. It is a rough draft. (looks a hell of alot better then my throes first rough draft) Mongo will be helping me out with this map. He knows the time period better then I do. After throes is completed I will work full time on this map and Inform you of a series I will be working on.

Spoiler (click to show)

so here it is. let me know what you think. good bad I love feedback even if your a hater. It just makes me want to do better. Thanks

[image]
1771 wrote:
LOVE THE RED!!!!!! alot of different shades of purple, will they all be one? the three little light green islands are they territories? Same question with the four little green ones. LOVE THE BACKGROUND!!! Need more before I say more. LOOKS AMAZING for first draft.. You are definetly getting the swing of this map making thing.
nanoTek wrote:
yeah I seen noxon said there will be 3 europe maps so i think im going to make this map sweeds nords G.B. Ireland. Iceland and canada. the other viking paths. dont want to much of the same map.
-NoXoN- wrote:
Continue cause my map is ITALY with some countries around, that is not euroe map.

looks good this map i like strong colors.
nanoTek wrote:
Hey guys im lost on the throes map. I keep changing it constantly. i was wondering if anyone would like an update on this one i will post one. but there is a lot of Europe maps. let me know and ill click the button.
Thorpe wrote:
It is way to bright and seems like there is a lot of blue..plus if it a viking map the time of maps made in that era was not blue in color and was more of the brown...tan washed out look.

If it is about the Vikings then I should be able to just look at the map and know it is a Viking Map.

As for to many maps in Europe you are right we have enough of just Europe...so you if you make one it needs to stand out from the rest...different game-play and not just another map ..It will be hard to do.

You might want to look at pntbttr's list on maps to be done.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Leedog wrote:
In my personal opinion, I would have to agree with Thorpe, I think you should apply your unique style to a different map... too many Europes already.
Pntbttr wrote:
I like the idea of the map...although I think thorpe is right it needs to look like an old map: brownish paper, torn or burned at the edges, hand written text and a papery texture...it's a good idea and you could make it work but we already have a lot of Europe maps and this one needs a lot of work...