new maps
  • 33 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Here i will show 2 maps both of them are still in process. I would like to know what do you think about them.

NORTH AMERICA:

http://imageshack.us/f/832/northamericawithtexture.png/

ITALY:

http://imageshack.us/f/59/italy1771texture.png/
Votazap wrote:
you amaze me NoXoN,so far they are looking good..i think for the north america one you should lighten the backround just because i dont want maps to be too similar,just my opinion though,i am sure vexer will have other opinions
Votazap wrote:
LOVE THE BOAT,ITS awesome. I also like how the outside line is glowing...but i do think think you should make one of them a little lighter or change the outside light blue to yellow or just something a little different
Vexer wrote:
I'm fine if we have a bunch of maps that look similar as long as they all follow the same theme of being actual places. they could be a series.

I'm a little bit confused by the boat though. i am not sure how it fits in.

Also, there are way too few territories on the Italy map. with the panama map and the Cuba map we have all the extra small maps we need. I would like to see at least 30 territories on the map and prefer 35. But it is your map, do what you want. Just know that the extra small maps are really only good for 2 player.

I am sure that 1771 will want to do 4p on the Italy map in which case I think 35 territories is better.
-NoXoN- wrote:
Right vexer, both maps are in process so they will change more. Italy map will have more territors I will add Malta, Mallorca, Monaco and some more. I show maps just so players know what im working and when map is done they buy it.
Votazap wrote:
LOVE THE BOAT,ITS awesome. I also like how the outside line is glowing...but i do think think you should make one of them a little lighter or change the outside light blue to yellow or just something a little different ...but it doesnt really matter,whatever you and vexer decide
Pntbttr wrote:
Italy will have a weird stratigy with the smallest region being six territories. It's a new kinda map. Can't wait to play on it! (:
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Right Pntbttr There all regions are huge. there is no territory that could be held for the garaunteed game because there is no austie. I will make this map bigger but i still cant decide:
 1. Flat like in Africa map
 2. Add part of africa
 3. Add a part of another contrys around italy. EX: France, Slovenia, Albania.
Vexer wrote:
i think it would be awesome to have a Mediterranean sea map. you could turn Italy into that if you want.
Pntbttr wrote:
Did you make the mid gaurd map instead of italy? Are you still working on the north amarica map? Wow, I just noticed that you have three maps going at once, and make that four if your still doing the italy map!
Vexer wrote:
midgard is nanoTek's map. last i heard noxon was not going to finish north america because he is afraid people will say it is stolen from another site because it is very similiar to a map on another site. He could always modify the style of it though.

The italy map is coming along nicely. I still don't like the boat though. i think it would look better if it were a modern destroyer or like an old pirate ship. it is also really hard to see and the 1771 sticks out too much.

It has 30 territories now which is better. I like to play 4 player games so i prefer a map with at least 42 territories so that owning 12 territories comes into play. On these small maps you can hardly ever own 12 territories on a 4 player game.

I hope noxon makes a very large map for his next one.