The Map of Victory
  • 41 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Thorpe wrote:
The numbers look the same to me maybe I'm looking at the wrong updated map?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Glanru wrote:
I assure you that they are very different. The new updated image does not have circles. Depending on your browser settings you may have to refresh the page for the newer image to show.
Thorpe wrote:
Ok got the newest update and yes # works for me.
Looked over at the caps and the only one that I believe should be moved is on the 6 player Trax...how about moving it to Whist which seems a lot closer to the other caps and not in such a sweet spot ..plus lets players fight for the 2 bonus army you get for controlling the "T" area?
The rest of the caps seem right but what do I know?
I might have missed something
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Glanru wrote:
I realized a few days ago that the paper I made for this is better than one can see once everything is on it. So, I updated the edges a little to have a slight aged effect. I also added a bit of texture so that the paper should no longer look bland. I may do more for the paper background later, we'll see.

I also updated the minimap legend graphics.
Glanru wrote:
I have made an update to this map, all changes are cosmetic only and do not effect game play. Changes include:

-Territory lines were redone.
-Connection lines were redone.
-Territory text was redone.
-The map now has less contrast, and the dark sections should be slightly higher in brightness.
-Shading layer for the background now shades the land as well.
-The paper background is now softer.
-Errant pixels were fixed.
-Small portions of the water stain were removed, as they looked like errant pixels even though it was intentional.
-The lake border issues in the W region were fixed.
-The small islands near Erdus were removed.
-The island between Clutch and Fulcon was moved for better connection line location.
-The corners shading should be more subtle and look better.
-Mini-map text reduced in size to limit the pull of the eye to that location.

Let me know what you think.

http://home.comcast.net/~bob.battle.scar/Images/Victron_updated.jpg
Thorpe wrote:
I like it but hard to read the text ...for me and it's a smooth map for the islands now...don't know as of yet if that is better...but I do like the paper look.
Glanru wrote:
Where possible, the territories in a region were named with a different number of letters. In the case of the C region, you could be looking for Cei, and have to differentiate between Cei, Cal, and Cid. For this reason, all territories that have the same number of letters, have a different second letter to help in determining what it is. This naming scheme was intentional. I had intended on a script font all along, but couldn't get it to look right before release.
Glanru wrote:
The text should blend into the map now. Before, it stood out. The previous text was not designed with this map in mind, it was a change to get the map ready for play sooner. The font, however is a script font. This was intended to make it look more fancy. Most schools in the US teach cursive in elementary school. My mother only ever wrote in cursive, and same with most of my teachers. I guess I just got used to reading it.
Pntbttr wrote:
I've heard that the teachers make them write in print because other students can't read it or something...thats what my friend said...I don't go to public school though...
Pntbttr wrote:
I haven't written much in cursive but I am planning on working on it more...I can write my name (in cursive) ^_^...