new map
  • 31 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
Vexer wrote:
OK, I finally have the time to properly evaluate the game play of the map. Here's my opinion: I don't think it needs a sea route from Cornvall to Munster like pntbttr suggested. I also don't think that the mountains need to be extended like lucide suggested.
I do however think that the region that has just two territories should only be worth +1 not +2. and this opinion comes from experience having played the oregon cities map many times. This will need to get changed.

I also think that the mountains at the very bottom need to be removed. First, there are no mountains there, it is quite flat. (I realize that you know that there are no mountains there but didn't know of another way to make an impassable) and second, I think the game play would be better if that region had to defend 2 borders. Otherwise it will be way to easy to take over and control. It would be worse than Australia on the world map because all of the regions are in a line. you can start from Cornvall and work your way west protect your territories as you go. So either remove the mountains or make that region only +1.

The other mountains are also placed where there aren't any mountains although they are near the Cambrian mountains (more like hills to me). I am not picky about this I am just saying it so that people know that we knew that when we made the map. the mountains are there for gameplay/strategy purposes so if you are from there, please don't complain about there being mountains where there are no mountains.

+3 for the yellow region is fine. it has 3 borders to hold. In every map there will be regions that are worth the same bonus but one is easier to take and/or control than the other. this is because we can't give a 2.5 bonus. it's unavoidable.

Crystal said: you should rename the territory of Norwich to East Anglia

she didn't give a reason why. NoXoN, I need you to respond to this.

I also need region names.

Vexer wrote:
We are busy adding this map, it should be done in less than a week.

I helped noxon on this one by doing the ocean texture, the terrain texture and the mountains.

here is the final version that is being used on the site:

[image]

If you see any problems with the map please say it now and not after the map goes live.
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Yes this map is done. As Vexer said he did ocean texture, terrain texture and mountains and some small works. He did them better so it makes map to look not better but best map in the site :p
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Vexer you must change borders inside regions from 4 to 2 im talking about Tip size. cause i dont like this when is 4 everywhere is very much. and around make it 3. can you do this or i do it?
Vexer wrote:
sorry about that noxon. it was a mistake. i fixed it already
Votazap wrote:
we put the map up,its up and ready to go,lets all thank NoXoN for the awesome map
Vexer wrote:
thanks noxon, it will be fun to learn the best strategy for this map
Brendenator wrote:
In the Britain map there needs to be a path from Munster to Cornvall. Without this, the blue territory is too easy to defend.
Vexer wrote:
i would say that it is easy to defend and not too easy. Knowing that it is easy to defend, perhaps you should prevent others from getting it early. the yellow region is also easy to take and defend, though not as easy so it is a plus 3. as long as it isn't the same player that takes both, then the two players will balance each other out and hopefully attack each other. It isn't nearly as unbalanced as australia in the world map because there are two borders to defend. I have yet to see someone owning the west region be a problem that I couldn't compensate for. If all the regions on the map are hard to defend, the map is no fun. try playing 4 player deathmatch on the saturn map and see what I mean.

I think the gameplay on this map turned out quite well for deathmatch. Capitals still need a little work though.
-NoXoN- wrote:
AN UPDATE IS ON THE WAY

[image]
Madagascarter wrote:
Can we have the flag for Wales on the mini map the actual flag for Wales please. It is supposed to have a dragon on it.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand