Add it to the world map
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
LIL_APPLEHEAD wrote:
I figured I would start my own thread on this map to get peoples attention...so as I posted in map suggestions if at all possible if somebody is willing to create a regular world map just add Antartica on it an make it connect to the bottom of south america Africa and Australia it can just be simple but I like the fact of having another border on Australia.....and I always wondered why they left it off the board game anyway? Anyway let me know if you are willing to take the job...I also would like to hear others thoughts about the idea
Vexer wrote:
There is room for Antarctica on the current world map if you move the legend. I bet we could get the Photoshop file from 4myGod which would make adding Antarctica easier. Do we have a volunteer who can do this and make it look good? Lil_applehead, do you have any friends who know Photoshop? They don't have to be a risk player to contribute.
1771 wrote:
So let me throw this out there again for the new guys or for the guys that don't go through the forums and read the older post. Make us a map that is crisp and clear along the same lines as our others. One that our cartographers approve (Vexer & Lucide) and we will give you free premium membership for a year. It may not sound like much, but I can promise for the hours of your hard work, you will get hours and hours of enjoyment playing all the games you want for free!!! Plus a little added bonus, you will get to see your creation come to life! Need ideas for a map go through the forums topics and there are plenty.
LIL_APPLEHEAD wrote:
I don't think i know anyone that's good with Photoshop?? But I can try and find somebody
Teck wrote:
Hi LIL_APPLEHEAD,

As far as I concern, we're still looking for more talented volunteers with Photoshop skills to help us in creating the maps.

If you do have any connection do let us know. The more maps we can get the more players we can attract. I simply don't have time for the maps as I've other important priorities for this site to work on.

Regards,
Teck
Glanru wrote:
I, maybe with a unique perspective, do not agree with the idea of Antarctica. Even during the Cold War, neither world power, Russia nor America, wasted even one $1 towards defense of Antarctica, nor claiming it for mining or other rights.

This said, if you can make it increase the game play of the current world map, I'm all for it, as South America and Australia are currently over powered.

I guess it comes down to design and looks, as other players like the idea of adding this tundra ridden place to the map.
Diddly wrote:
I am not making the request for historical accuracy nor do I believe it would be worth it for a country to do as you said. My suggestion comes from the idea of just adding to a classic map just for the game play itself. If it had say 5 territories in it 3 of which connected to SA, AUS, and greenland(maybe not this one) I think it would even the map out as a whole, but just for entertainment purposes is all.
Pntbttr wrote:
what if we made the bonus nothing or make it plus 1 and thats all. What if we made it plus one to own the adjacent territory in antartica to the region you hold (example SA +2 holding west antartica too would add one to the bonus giving you +3) like in Eld World.
Vexer wrote:
i am not sure exactly how we will do bonuses for Antarctica but i can tell you that this map will get made.

Here are the plans:

1. Update the classic world map - it will look much like the current one but with improved border lines, text and a mini map.

2. make a new world map using a more complex style and include the Philippines as a 43rd territory so that Australia has to defend two places.

3. the Antarctica edition - it will have the same exact look at the world + Philippines map.

4. (this one may or may not make the cut, depends on if we can get it right) a mirror world map. it will be a double version of the classic map, similiar to the Caribbean double map. using pretty much the same look as the world + Philippines map. with some modification for the mirror world.

Fendi is working on this but we're not going to push her to finish it too quickly cause we want to make sure it is right before adding it to the site. Also she is a very busy admin.