aka the 2 player map
  • 35 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I love 2 player capitals on this map, because the capitals are so close to each other and there are so many routes between the two.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

The_Bishop wrote:
In my opinion not many play this map because it is not so good to play, but I can see a positive feedback here, since probably it's only me that I don't like it.

I let it fall and I will focus my attention more on the new maps as per Vexer's request. I am probably going to skip my idea of the complete map review from Z to A and I will only point out what are for me the most noticeable cases. Saturn was one of them in my opinion.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
naathim wrote:
Well, I think the first issue with this map is like Vexer has said, people don't like symmetrical maps (I may be misattributing or misquoting).

He has also said that having too much connectivity in a map is a bad thing, especially when it comes to caps and newer players. And I would say this is the most connected map there is.

And as aero has been saying, people like maps where it looks like you can plan a battle out. This doesn't seem to quite have this feel. It's pretty flat, and I'm kinda like you Bishop, it took me a while to realize that it actually WAS saturn. The new solar system map really puts it to shame looks wise.

Not that this map doesn't have it's place, but I would think it's on the bottom rung. If something newer and better comes out I think it might be the next one to retire?

I've only played a few games on it, and don't think I've ever cared for them.

elysium5 wrote:
I like the simplicity of game play on this map and have played several enjoyable games myself because of it. My daughter likes to play this map on occasion for the very fact that it is such an even playing field without all of the hidden defensible or strategic positions used on other maps. By the way, she is 12!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
aeronautic wrote:
I agree with elysium5, it's game-play simplicity is its quality.

Once people know you can attack through the centre, it is a very connected map, but also very strategic in that respect.

Vexer has stated that this would be an ideal training map for Capitals and with good reason.

It's increased connectivity actually also makes it more fun to play when used for player amounts above those recommended, such as 8p or 9p, whereas most other maps only offer a linear Capital kill route (you have to kill this Cap' to get to that Cap';).

This map and some of the smaller future maps will offer a much less complicated place to play for children and for those who just want a simple game.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.