Fantasy Map
  • 18 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Hoodlum wrote:
a 2017 project i'm re-tinkering with. I believe it had gotten some interest in the map dabble thread. i found some lost layers to muck around with.
a small fantasy map with a different style to what we have. it was easy to input in the system, so playing around with some gameplay aspects such as cap selections
9 kingdoms - 30 territories.

Map (click to show)

Hoodlum is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
Great!  ...  I'm checking the Cap's...

2p and 3p are fine to me.

4p. Fortare and Fisher Town are only 3 steps away. Trinalley's got 3 ways-out and it's the only on a border. I would like to change two of them of just 1 step: Bluff instead of Fisher Town, and Stoney Shore instead Trinalley.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
5p. I'm not a fan of the Cap's in the deadend bottoms, nor in the deadend entrances. Perhaps I could suggest these from left to right in W-shape: Dwarden, Bluff, Northpass, Stoney Shore and Narrows; all on region borders with 3-or-4-step paths.

6p well, it's impossible to avoid the deadends so all inside but one is also fine, 7 or more players I don't know, I'm fine with anything.
The_Bishop wrote:
Changed my mind a bit for 5p cap's I think these:
Narrows
Eden Forest
Stoney Shore
Athame
South Shore

And for 6p: Narrows, Fisher Town, Stoney Shore, Northpass, Greyv, Fortare.
Instead of: City of Nolen, Erina, Ozren, Elfswold, Thedra, Fortare.
Edit: P.S. Or maybe not, keep them as they are.
The_Bishop wrote:
First game first feedback (in short):
I like both graphics and game play! :thumbs:
Ruca77 wrote:
great map! cool design! so far enjoying it! cheers for the hard work! o7
You want the best? Here I am!
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Ozren and Rivermouth almost look connected if you don't pay close enough attention to the impassables, maby extending the mountain instead of the bunching of trees would be better, of maby the other type of trees would be better. The current trees kinda blend with the grass and just doesn't really give the impassable look as much as it needs
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Matty wrote:
Oh wow this map is pretty.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
The little dock on Fisher's town almost makes it seem like it is a port. I don't think it is needed. Or make it a port, put 2 more, 1 on Stoney, 1 on Witch End (might need some adjusting). But thinking lose it.

I agree with Matty, it is very nice to look at.

I also agree with PC96. It is confusing there as well as upper left Fortare to Deerwatch. I am assuming they are connected, but maybe they shouldn't be?
elysium5 wrote:
Playing a four player game on it now. I'll play some more to see if there are any 'layman's' concerns (I am not an expert on design at all) but I would like to say I love the look!
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
The_Bishop wrote:
There is a lot of tri-dimensionality which is great! What stands out less (perhaps not enough imho) are the towers in Trinalley: they are almost the same color of the mountains, at least they look so on my screen.
Rockbert wrote:
Hoodlum
a 2017 project i'm re-tinkering with. I believe it had gotten some interest in the map dabble thread. i found some lost layers to muck around with.
a small fantasy map with a different style to what we have. it was easy to input in the system, so playing around with some gameplay aspects such as cap selections
9 kingdoms - 30 territories.

Map (click to show)

very cool map! what fantasy series / story is this from? I am not familiar.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Hoodlum wrote:
i should be able to edit these things mentioned.
just a made up fantasy map rockbert. when i first played with this idea, it was just a bunch of assets (mountains, trees, etc..) thrown together being experimental and it turned out pretty cool. but i just googled the nine kingdoms and there happens to be some novels and even a map stuff lol. just coincidental.
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
graphic suggestions adjusted, except port..i accidentally merged the asset on recent edit. it would take a lot of effort to fix if i could. also was able to fix up territory/border lines to look smoother and clearer. if you can't see the new image, refresh cookies.
Hoodlum is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
Ah yes, thanks Hood, you updated the first image (at first I was a bit lost).

I think it's fine. Dividers are much more visible now, great! Ozren does not border Rivermouth: now it's as clear as the sun. Perhaps there is still some doubts between Greyv and Bluff though.

That small fishermen's port (or how do you call it) I think it can stay. I don't see how it could cause confusion, it's the only port therefore it can't connect with anything. Then in almost all D12 maps we use anchors to denote game ports (all but Panama I think), this drawing has nothing to do with, so I think it's fine as it is.