Alternative to the world map.
  • 42 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Glanru wrote:
Sorry Blocky, I am not really that artistic. I only use things that I make in my maps and I have no idea how to make a whale. I'm sure I could make a compass, but I don't really feel like putting the effort in at this time.

Vexer pointed out to me that the texture of the background shouldn't have been so prominent as it was on the continents. I adjusted that down a little and decided to add a brush stroke effect to the continents instead.

The update is posted on the second page.
Vexer wrote:
Distributor had mentioned that the texture was too strong on the territories. In fact, he wanted it a lot smoother like on the world map or the Oregon Cities map. Personally I think that some texture is good, and it's a lot better now that Glanru toned down the canvas texture and added the brush stroke effect.
Glanru wrote:
I got talked into adding the title to the image. A good idea that I had overlooked.
Vexer wrote:
After sleeping on it and looking at the map with fresh eyes, I think it looks fantastic. It is done. Well done Glanru, well done.
Vexer wrote:
it takes several days to input the maps regions and connections into the system when we only have a few spare minutes here and there. it is a slow, error prone process and it has to be double checked. Right now the adding of the map isn't quite half done. So it will likely be several more days.
Vexer wrote:
This map (Eld World) is now active and available in "my shop". I played a game on it already and I think it's going to be my new favorite map to play regular games on. It's the perfect alternative to the world map.
Glanru wrote:
The islands worked as intended in that game, to provide good incentive for the players in the game to break each other's bonuses instead of just build up. And the best part, no Australia.
Teck wrote:
Haha, well said Glanru. I guess we all are already tired of Australia maps.

Time for new changes, something much more interesting =)
Vexer wrote:
I have updated the Eld World map with connection lines that are easier to see. You may have to hit F5 to see the new version. What do you think? Improvement?