• 71 posts
  • Page 5 of 5
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, if Periwinkle like it then let's try to implement the white-dots version also as large image. I think it's the only way to have some feedbacks. Only now I'm realising the potential of having two image sizes! I'm not changing the map icon for now, nor the thumbnail.

Hoodlum is not commenting, I hope he's happy for the beta-test we are running... Probably he's busy with other stuff.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
pygmyhippo277 wrote:
I do feel like South Africa plus the like mozambique region to the east has too few entry points to defend(like Aussie in world classic), in one of my games(fog so i can’t link it) I’ve held those territories with minimal effort.
Eat my dust.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, @pygmy, there are large areas which can be locked by a few territories, especially the Southern one (just 2 territories) but not only. I don't see it as a flaw, instead it means the map is well shaped, producing interesting strategies.
Here a tutorial image:
large areas (Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern) (click to show)

The large areas do not match with the region borders, it's fine, it means you will not get super-huge regional bonuses for those, but still high reinforcements for controlling many territories, plus at least one bonus in each of them. Even if you cannot conquer a large area anyway it's useful to keep in mind where the entry points are, in order to build barricades when/if needed.
The_Bishop wrote:
I have fixed one mispelling, rifined a few dots (on the dotted lines) and I would like to try a darker title.

As for game-play I'd say as a whole it plays well, games are dynamic, but I think this map would work better with lower bonuses. We should at least try the standard formula.

Current version (higher bonuses) (click to show)

Less-white version (standard bonuses) (click to show)
periwinkle wrote:
In terms of colour, white or off-white....no preference.  Its more of an artistic preference now.

In terms of the bonuses.  I prefer the lower option.

My 2 cents
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, the low level of enthusiasm tells me to keep the title as it is, but still with the yellowed dots and the standard bonuses.
Like this (click to show)

I don't think I will manipulate the image more than this, it's too much a delicate job changing letters and digits on the flat image. The bonus change could affect slightly the games in progress, so I'm going to update it at a random time of a random day.
The_Bishop wrote:
More than 100 games played already.
Any more feedback anyone?
Rockbert wrote:
no complaints here! I enjoy the map! :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, the map is openly released now, so everyone can create games on it.