• 71 posts
  • Page 1 of 5
Hoodlum wrote:
Africa - Alkebulan (ancient name of africa)
9 regions - Asia Minor, Central Africa, East Africa, Europe, Horn of Africa, North Africa, Sahara, South Africa ,West Africa
52 Territories

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
Great job hoodlum, just keep making such good maps :thumbs:
“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
aeronautic wrote:
Lovely looking map.
Only one thing, the different label sizes.... I think it would look better if they were all pretty much the same size.

Title is really nice.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
I believe that aeronautic is right, I noticed that it is difficult to pack the name of the territory inside the territory to which it belongs or possibly outside where possible but not to enter the field of another territory
For example
Congo and french congo
w.sahara and mauritania
and Mali & Burkina Faso
Im just saying, maybe w sahara could fit in a little better, but Congo,to me it is not a problem in any sense other than aesthetically and it might be confusing to someone.
I think there is a space to pack it a little nicer and I think the hoodlum deliberately left it so we would have something to comment on.

“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
Hoodlum wrote:
i know with the name sizes i would normally make them the one size. i think at the time of creating this, i may have felt that the map was big, scrolly, and wanted to fill in some space.
i'll post an edit with same size labels soon
The_Bishop wrote:
Overall stunning look. Impassibles are quite nice but maybe they could be nicer, I don't know.

Perhaps a bit of variation in font size could stay, just a bit, not much. Sizes apart I like the font.
I think Austro-Hungarian Empire can be shortened as Austria-Hungary,
and Togo & Benin maybe can be just Togo (or just Benin).

Check sea tags: GulF of Guinea

I like the location (extra-continental) and the "Alkebulan Africa" title.
Maybe a small subtitle saying: "Africa + Southern Europe + Middle East", trivial but fair...
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
maafi wrote:
Looks great and I agree with the labelling.
I’m not sure what date in history you’re going for, but, at the risk of sounding pedantic, the Austro-Hungarian empire and Saudi Arabia did not not co-exist. If you’re going for pre WW1 then just call it Arabia. Does C.A.R. also fit with time period?
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep I also see a mix of ancient and modern countries.
I think it's Hoodlum's style, not entirely real, not entirely fictional, just a middle way.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Dima wrote:
If you publish this map, then maybe some mainstream media outlets will publish articles about this site, saying that white guys are supporting colonization and white priviledge and at the end you will be forced to take down this site because of accusation of racism and you will forced to publically excuse yourself for being a white racist man. Think of this, isnt that unrealistic. Just imagnie the headlines....
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
aeronautic wrote:
Dima
If you publish this map, then maybe some mainstream media outlets will publish articles about this site, saying that white guys are supporting colonization and white priviledge and at the end you will be forced to take down this site because of accusation of racism and you will forced to publically excuse yourself for being a white racist man. Think of this, isnt that unrealistic. Just imagnie the headlines....
Where did this come from?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
benmarcp wrote:
Dima
umm...there is a map of every continent (except South America, which I think should be added). I do not think it will be considered racist to include Africa on a site that has all of the other continents. One could say it would be more likely to be considered racist if Africa was excluded.
:roll:
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
Dima is from the Balkans, we speak the same language, but sometimes I really don't understand what he's talking about.
Hoodlum wrote:
Dima

it's ok. im brown / multiracial  ;) i might get a pass

Hoodlum wrote:
i think i addressed most stuff. mainly labels, time period consistency. can't remember what referenced i originally used.

edit labels and stuff (click to show)
100% view

vikingo1337 wrote:
It needs a little more ocean on the tip of Union of South Africa, so the continent doesn't touch the bottom of the screen. Just a cosmetic detail that can't escape my eye. Otherwise the map looks great. Well done, can't wait to play it.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28