map creation
  • 56 posts
  • Page 4 of 4
Hoodlum wrote:
aeronautic
I still feel it's too near in the future to have had so much land movement, but want to keep it on the 2020 theme, mainly because this year is going to go down in world history alongside other very memorable years that affected most of the world's population.

I suggest changing the title to Zealandia 202020.
I am happy then for the map to go live.

agree.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks for changing it Hood.
I think this map fits it's intention, it looks very much a Fantasy Map.
Another great asset to the site.

I have made this map Beta.

If any problems are discovered, please post them here and they'll be corrected.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
ProblemChild96 wrote:
A possible connection problem between Krov and Hasananaan has been mentioned (grey and yellow areas)
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
ProblemChild96 is online.
dough_boy wrote:
Is it possible to lighten the ocean? I am really struggling with this map and I think it is too dark...
Hoodlum wrote:
it will be hard for this map sorry, i didn't make it easy for editing..i will give it a try at some time though
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
dough_boy
Is it possible to lighten the ocean? I am really struggling with this map and I think it is too dark...

What exactly are you struggling with?

Is it making the connections hard to see?
Is it causing the coloured circles to be too bright / contrasting?
Is it too low contrast with the land?

It's hard for me to see what the issue is, as I don't currently play, so a bit of clarity for the issue will help a lot.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
dough_boy wrote:
I am not really sure. For me, it is really hard to focus with this map. Everything has muted colors and seems to "blend". It is so big with interconnecting lines it is just hard to strategize with it. It is almost like taking Texas and exploding it.
aeronautic wrote:
I see.
Looking at the map without the extra business of circles & troop numbers, it looks fine, but I can imagine how busy it will look, which needs high contrast for definition.

My thoughts were that the sea actually needs to be a bit darker, as this would give a higher contrast and better definition.
All Hood will need to do is place a layer between the sea and all the upper layers and make it black and about 80% transparency (play about with the slider).
elysium5 wrote:
Or maybe make the continent borders darker?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
Has this had enough time to be tested?
Are the layout and colours okay in live games?