Easy Company silences the guns at Brecourt Manor
  • 31 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
maafi wrote:
I like it too. Different game play to all other maps.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
aeronautic wrote:
This map was always intended as a 2 player game, just like the real battle.
The game-play is actually set up to emulate the opportunity of victory by both forces, with the exception of the real battle having fully owned dug-in positions by German Forces, pre-battle. The actual battle required USA Airborne to acquire a section of this map, namely the gun positions, in order to disable the guns trained on Utah Beach, which is basically what I am trying to achieve with this map, but, as we can't place 12 USA Troops on the approaches to start the battle, we can never perfectly emulate the battle.

Anyway, this map has been in BETA for over a year, giving ample time for feedback to help with the decision of whether or not to keep the map.
As it plays most fairly for 2 player games, I have decided to keep it.
There has been no negative feedback for this map, so I will soon make it live and available for all to create games on.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
On the map overview this lists the number of suggested players as 2 - 6. Shouldn't this just be 2 then?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I wish it could be ;)
It's a shame that Risk rules spoil a good battle.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
GriffinUcos wrote:
I like this map too.

But care needs to be taken on the settings. I'm RED, I'm second turn AND it's unlimited fortification, cards capped at 50.

[image]
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."
Matty wrote:
aeronautic
I wish it could be ;)
It's a shame that Risk rules spoil a good battle.
Can't you set it as recommended for 2 players only? I thought you could.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Unfortunately, no.
It only allows # to # and setting it as 2-2 just looks wrong, so I adjusted it to be 2-3 for the sake of keeping it as a 2 player game, but 3 if you want to play a multi-player game.
However, these are just recommended settings, not mandatory.
Matty wrote:
Ah. Yeah, small details ;)

I fixed it, so as soon as the bug is released (may take a few hours, or a few days, depends) it'll display "2 players" rather than "2-2 players" :)

Edit: You should be able to recommend this as just a 2 player map now.
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, thanks Matty.

I have edited the map recommended players, along with a few other maps that are most suitable to 2 players, i.e. Brethren Coast, Isthmus of Panama & Anchor Bay.
Matty wrote:
Panama island is quite alright to play with 4 players I'd say.
Brethren coast looks fine for 3 at least as well.

Dunno about anchor bay.
maafi wrote:
I’d agree. I’ve had good games on those 3 maps with 4 or 5 people. They work well as fog games.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, I'll change them back...
although Anchor Bay has just 24 territories, is this really considered more than a 2 player map?
3 Players gives you just 8 territories each.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
aeronautic
Okay, I'll change them back...
although Anchor Bay has just 24 territories, is this really considered more than a 2 player map?
3 Players gives you just 8 territories each.

Playing with 2 players will also give you 8 each - there is a third neutral player added.
That said, I've played many games on maps where we all had 8 or even less territories - these can be quite enjoyable (also - I think it's very normal to see 6 players on the classic world map, which leads to 7 territories each).
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, well it's set to 2-4 players now anyway.
Matty wrote:
Awesome, thanks!