• 19 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
elysium5 wrote:
White is good as there is no other colour like it. Also, I think maroon is a nice distinguishable colour from the rest.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
But both white and maroon will have problems with visibility on certain maps.

I'm willing to try with the three other colours (though I'm quite busy for a few weeks, so have patience). However, I'd like to have Cireon's ok on this first, as he knows better whether or not the card amount will give more crashes for 12 players...

Of course, we can already test the colours with less players, but not sure if that's worth it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
I didn't think of the Map contrasts, just the comparison to each other.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Cireon wrote:
Map contrasts we can possibly fix with shadows or other tricks. However, I would like to put all the colours through the different colour blind tools we have for maps (and if we have some colour blind people on the site, it would be good to get their input on this) to make sure we don't sacrifice on usability.

Regarding cards: I will have to investigate. I think we support up to 4 times the number of territories in a map in cards (2 bits), so we'd have to look at the smallest map, multiply by 4, and make sure that's more than 60 (12 players * 5 cards each). If not, we can always make it so that you can never play on a map with so many players that you have too few cards. No matter how fun 12 player Saturn sounds, it's really just broken and not fun, and I think it's completely okay for us to limit the maximum number on players of small maps well before we reach the card limit.

I don't expect to have time to look into the cards any time soon though. We still have problems with cards sometimes, so the code probably needs a good dusting anyway.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card