map creation
  • 53 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
aeronautic wrote:
Brought Forward (click to show)
The Caps look pretty good to me, but I would like a second opinion on them?
My only concern at the moment are the short connections from Euboea, perhaps they are difficult to see?
They could be brightened slightly more than other connections.

If there are any other concerns or important changes required by anyone, please say so in the next 48 hours, after which I'll finalise Hood's map input and make it Beta?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
dough_boy wrote:
I think Epirus should be the cap on 6 instead of Chaonia. Every capital seems to be 4 spaces away from another one except in this case (it is 4 away from Achaia, but might be more fair to be closer to 2 instead of 1). Same for 7's.

Food for thought
Hoodlum wrote:
Thanks dough_boy. When selecting capitals, one of the formulas we try to stick to (if the size of the map allows it), is to place capitals either as, all on the border of the region, or, as all internal territories. also each on a different region When all on the border, it gives each player a fair chance to defend the region their capital is on while the bulk of their troops are readily manouverable with a likely attack path. It can be an advantange with a border capital vs an internal capital. So it's either ALL border caps, or ALL internal caps.
But I do think it maybe changing Chaonia to Thesprotia might be good, because it leaves travel points through the islands, and for the same reason change phocis to locris.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Euboea connection edit (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Hood,

During the Colour-Blind Test, I found the following problem, all Full Colour Blind variations have a problem with the Thessaly region.
Red-Blind Protanopia (Thessaly Region would be better in the Blue Range)
Green-Blind Deuteranopia (Thessaly Region would be better in the Blue Range)
Blue-Blind Tritanopia (Thessaly Region would be better in the Blue Range)

There are a few regions with the same name as a territory within the region, do you think this will be confusing?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Ancient Greece 2.5 (click to show)
100%
Yes the colours look the same in the test. I tried to change thessaly to a bluish colour but i just couldn't get it to look any good.
I ended up changing the tone a little, It displays slight tone difference in the tests, but the thickening of the border lines helps a lot.

Changed the two region names conflicting with territory names.
Thessaly = Thessalia
Caria = Dodecannese

Changed territory name Epirus to Ionannina
aeronautic wrote:
Yes the tone change and border thickening have done the job.

I changed the territory label Epirus to Ionannina and will finish the inputting tonight if there are no more concerns?
aeronautic wrote:
I gave it an extra 24 hours for any feedback or concerns.

I have now made this map Beta.

Great Job Hood !
aeronautic wrote:
There has been no negative feedback or concerns with this map, so I have made it Active (Free).

Another great map Hood!
The_Bishop wrote:
Very nice map in every aspect!
except (click to show)

I haven't played it much yet, but I will for sure! ;)
Spoiler (click to show)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
A tiny oversight and an easy mistake to make considering the Adriatic Sea becomes the Ionian Sea as it passes the southern part of the Italian peninsula.
Some parts of Greece are still on the Adriatic Sea, but the majority of Western & South Western Greece is on the Ionian Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.
In reality, they are all part of the Mediterranean Sea and the name changes are only for locally claimed Inlets and Gulfs within the Greater Mediterranean Sea.
Locality is your view point. For example, what we in the UK call The English Channel, the French call La Manche (The Channel) and have every right to do so as they also border it, as do Belgium. This then becomes The North Sea as it passes The Strait of Dover, which is probably called The Strait of Calais in French.

Change it if it's really easy to do, otherwise leave it as it is.
The_Bishop wrote:
Well let's say that from an Italian view point it is not possible to confuse the Adriatic with the Ionian, all kids know the difference, but I perfectly understand that from other view points — especially from the opposite point of the globe! — it is a small oversight entirely admissible.

Please Aero, don't misinterpret my words, I never said that it's easy to edit or that I can make the change myself, but probably Hoodlum could pin it in his to-do and one day when he has time he will proceed to make the correction. I waited a couple of weeks before making this report because I was sorry and I didn't know how to say it.

Obviously I was joking when I said that I will not play on this map until it is correct, I am currently already playing on it having a great time, and I always will, regardless the sea names.

Short story (click to show)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein