Make your own risk game
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Hoodlum wrote:
Risk Map Editor

Not everyones map is going to make the cut on D12, but you can still turn your idea and efforts into a playable game against the computer or family. Cartographers can test their creations gameplay.

There are options to create mission games, and standard risk. You can play with any map.

Here's a video tutorial of me turning a map I made into a risk game. Excuse the repetitive music.
Risk Map Editor Video Tutorials (click to show)

Get these steps ready.
1. Download the risk map editor. Free Map Editor program
2. Have a map ready, any map
3. Have Continent (Region) names ready / aswell as Country names
4. Follow the video tutorial. (Sorry it's long and the music is repetitive)

YOUR READY TO PLAY!
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
My ready to play?

This program creates the territories, regions and connections much faster than the one we have in DXII :(
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
Really? It's an open source program, perhaps it's something for vexer to look into. I also found this link.

http://www.et.byu.edu/~rmp525/projects.html

Tried to invite this guy (programmer) to come and play on D12 :D

PsymonStark wrote:
Really, the system here requires 2 clicks to create each territory, and then they need to be associated to the continent later.

Plus, there are no 2-way connections, what means you need to create the A-B and the B-A connections separately.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
What i like about this programs gameplay is the light beam attacking arrows and how it highlights the territories when they are in combat, I think that would be cool to have here on D12
Arrow attacks (click to show)