• 26 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Glanru wrote:
For reference: current map

I believe it is apparent by all the maps that have been made after Eld World that the current Eld World map should be reduced in size. Trying to reduce it without changing graphics has caused many graphical issues that would take just as much time to correct as just redoing the graphics. So, I simply redid the graphics while reducing it in size: 

Spoiler (click to show)
Update as of post #12:

Spoiler (click to show)
Update as of post #16:

Spoiler (click to show)

What is needed is feedback in one of two categories: 1) How it looks and can be improved and 2) Discussion related to if we should actually change this established map and / or if that change should just be a reduction in size or this graphical update as well.

No game change elements have been modified. Reducing the image in size only would require of a cartographer the same effort as redoing the graphics entirely, just uploading a new image and moving the circles.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I think the new version looks better, and the size reduction is an improvement as well. I don't see any issues that need changing - I think that the colours and textures are better than the previous version.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Cireon wrote:
I would desaturate the blue of the sea a tiny bit and the ships in the sea feel a tiny bit out of place, but otherwise I like the new look :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I like the new version better than the old I think.
The gameplay should stay the same, it's good.

Not sure about improvements. The ocean is very bright, but I some sort of love it like this.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I prefer it like this by far!
I never really played the map much before when it was a HD map because even on my big laptop screen I had to scroll sideways.

I think it should be changed to the one you submitted above.

I would put some texture on the sea blue to make it look less like water and more like map background, not right back to the stone texture on the HD version, but something that makes it look more solidified and darker in the background, the Heading, Bonus Key and Mini Map backgrounds would then look awesome slightly darker than the background by ratio as they are now. Very fitting with the new modern home page of D12 with the translucent overlays.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Examples of this could be a sulphur background with semi-opaque black overlays like this:
Dark Sulphur BG (click to show)
Dark Sulphur BG with overlays (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
A bit bright with lot's of kiddy colors...But still looks better than the old map!
PsymonStark wrote:
About Glanru's points, I think that a reduction in size can always come with a graphic improvement (for me style changes are perfectly viable).

I like it pretty much, I feel like the background is a bit untextured though. I think it is a big improvement anyway.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Fendi wrote:

The new version is good but there's just a tiny problem with the level of saturation both on land and sea and as Physom mentioned, the lack of texture.

Unpopular opinion (click to show)
The_Bishop wrote:
Cool. Maybe the ocean should stay of a neutral color, like bag bread color. Never liked the current version though. I was used to play Eld World when it was the very old version, probably not so good in graphics but so nice with its "kiddy" style. Also never liked the connection lines with white dots since I am happy with the changes.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Glanru wrote:
I have made some adjustments based on feedback. 

Spoiler (click to show)

I have also updated the original post so you can compare the differences easier.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I think I prefer the update :)
Sea textures nicer, I love the colour, but I feel others will prefer further desaturation.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

naathim wrote:
Looks good to me. Love the texture.

What about the font? It's fine, but ain't my favorite lol.