• 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
4myGod wrote:
Alright, we will be advertising soon and getting a bunch of new users. People from "other sites" will eventually be joining us as well. Even if we have improved every aspect of the game, but if we only have 3 maps they won't stay long.

So we need to get some more maps up. I am currently busy working on adding a ton of new stuff to the site, fixing things people wanted fixed for a while. If you guys can get even 2 maps up, it should hold members long enough to the site until we start getting more devoted map makers.

I might throw out some low graphic quality maps after I finish what I am working on. Just to give us something. We can always revamp the graphics on maps later.

Also figuring out good capitals on the USA and isthmus map will allow us to play capitals games on there. As soon as someone comes out with a list we can set it up.
wca wrote:
Wait just a week or two and I should be able to get some good maps out.
School has been pretty rough, I don't have much time to make maps right now.
4myGod wrote:
sweet! Also we had that solar system map, I wonder what's going on with that, if it's been canceled?
sfhbballnut wrote:
capitals stuff submitted, sorry about that, those should be good to go, I'll be a bit prompter on any new maps
-My name is Gladiator.
chris wrote:
Nah. I can get that put up tomorrow morning. I've just been trying to get this stupid Gimp program working. If only I had Photoshop again...

Anyway, I can put it up tomorrow and if one of yall wants to make a good version, then have fun. I haven't been able to make an image that looks even half-way decent, so for right now, I'll just put up the map of where everything is and let the other designers have fun.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
4myGod wrote:
No rush, just curious what was up with it. Keep playing around with it. You know you can download photoshop from www.torrentz.com for free, with a program?

This was your idea so you should enjoy yourself making it.
skanska wrote:
besides chris' solar system map, he and i have one "in the works" that we'll get a polished image of up here for you guys later this month
wca wrote:
Europe is almost done.I've got a draft of Africa, and I'm considering some sort of zombie invasion map, just for a bit of fun.
chris wrote:
Zombie invasion? I'm very curious where you're planning to go with that. After my Solar System map(If all goes according to plan, I'll have it up Thursday easy) and me and Skanska's map, I have some ideas that I'm planning on trying.

Also, I was planning on playing around with skins for the site. I think someone mentioned that earlier and I wanted to see what I can do. Looks like you can make one just by modifying the main CSS file. I'll start a thread about it. If anyone wants specific themes or even if we want them at all.

4myGod wrote:
If you are planning on actually making a working skin, you might wait until I get the new site up. I am making the site with a more fixed css system. Better naming schemes and stuff.
chris wrote:
Oh. Give me a heads up when you get that finished. I've been trying to make one, but I don't actually have anything done. Basically been trying to get familiar with what everything does in the main CSS file.