New map from Clarke
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Clarke wrote:

Below is a link to a new map I made. I think my map skills are improving. Please look at this map and let me know your criticisms, critiques, suggestions, etc...

One criticism I already know about it is: If the map is left in its current size, it will be the tallest map on D12 and require scrolling. I can shrink it down but then it will not be 1024 wide... Anyway besides that problem, what else do you have to say about this new map?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_toaBLQPd1FakpNeHVSUWs0WUE/edit?usp=sharing

lifeinpixels wrote:
You're quite good at graphics, Clarke. The problem here is with gameplay - specifically the number of territories on the borders of regions. It will be nearly impossible to hold 7 border territories just for a 5 army bonus. Take a look at the Brazil map, for example, where each region has a number of borders equal or lesser to the bonus it provides. I think that your map should attempt to do the same.

The vertical issue is also unfortunate. I'm not sure if there is a good way to implement maps of these dimensions.
urgul wrote:
Just like the Philippines map....

By the way Clarke, you must understand the gameplay. Its not as 'fun' if the regions are hard to defend, unless they get a LOT of dough per turn. The regions must be more defensible.
Thorpe wrote:
I can not see it.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next