Image Editing Software
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Clarke wrote:
Does anyone know of any free image editing software that I can use on a MAC to create maps?

I love the one recommended at www.getpaint.net but it is only for PCs.

PS: I am a novice so I would like a program with a short learning curve. Dont want to have to earn a visual arts and digital design degree just to try to make a map...LOL
lifeinpixels wrote:
GIMP is an excellent program but it has a higher learning curve. But that can fixed with free tutorials on youtube, etc. If you're serious about making maps I recommend you give that option a try.
Thorpe wrote:
I thought paint.net.com has a program now for mac.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
I just hope you get something ...as of right now I am the only one making maps. Let me know.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Cireon wrote:
Paint.NET (clearly) depends on the .NET-framework, which is Windows-only. I have a Mac myself too, but unfortunately haven't found anything that can properly replace Paint.NET. I still reboot to Windows sometimes to use it.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Clarke wrote:
Well my 17 year old son had a class in GIMP and got an A last year. Perhaps he can show me the basics. Or, even better, maybe I can be the "brains" and he can be the "braun". Could be a fun project to work on with him.

Thanks for the input everyone. Will let you know what I work out. 
Thorpe wrote:
It is fun to work on it together ...if you can pull him away from "Facebook" and his phone. Good luck.