• 29 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Thorpe wrote:
Now that was "A GAME" The Two top players...(They still are) and me in my second Capital game ever!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Cireon wrote:
It was the only map you could buy with points back then. Not sure how it works now.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I still have both the stadium and the old USA map in my list.

But these were considered bad graphics maps, so they weren't accessible using just points - you had to actually buy them with tokens.

I can't find them on that list anymore though, not sure why.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Only players who had access to the maps before they were discontinued can create games on those maps. These maps are no longer available for purchase in the 'Upgrades' section.
urgul wrote:
yes, i still have the stadium map. why was it discontinued?
Vexer wrote:
Matty already said it. The graphics are subpar and it's unlikely anyone will come along and redo it well enough to meet the standards. The map was never popular anyway.
BrewDog wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=207114

Regarding the old USA map, I will agree that the graphics are only slightly better than an Atari, however I do like the game play on that map. It is strategically way different than the updated version. I've only had the opportunity to play it once and I liked it.
SpamFree wrote:
Of the maps mentioned,I have only played the stadium map and enjoyed it. I wish there were an advanced option to choose both old, discontinued maps and new beta/alpha maps.

The graphics be damned! As they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I've seen several maps that either didn't meet with the "standard" or are being butchered to fit the standard that I would play as they are.

Why not open playable "maps-in-process" to those who wish to play them, who could then make suggestions for improvements?

Anyway that's my twopence :)

MUNRO wrote:
Graphics don't matter to me.
Like the CGI for Star Wars films. They weren't an improvement in my eyes.
Axobongo wrote:
A 'beta test' sort of section seem a good idea ( spamfree ^ above). And if graphics is the main reason the old USA map was discontinued i would reconsider, as the current USA map is of the most annoying in gameplay ( along with caribbean ) for me, and others.
So another version would be welcome.

Having said that, they are both popular enough to not discontinue.

And as far as graphics,, Jungle of Despair changed its graphics overnight and remained an option.

i dont know if there is a cost concern to maintaining maps, but the more the better ( up to a point i guess).
If there needs to be a map limit, i would suggest a rotating 'Monthly Map' for all of the less popular maps ( or bi-weekly depending on how many extras there are)
,,, or have old maps available for premium people?

(,,and a bigger Europan map! expanded [[viking world kingdoms? w/iceland and ireland]] )

in other words, all arenas are good for testing the art of Risk . ..(though maps are best) and the more the merrier i say
Axobongo is online.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Graphics take a lot of work to redo.

Graphics are also important. They are the first impression people get on this site. I don't know where, but I think I remember Vexer saying that the site substantially increased in players when they updated their homepage logo.

For this reason, I think that we should keep the system the way it is. Just my humble opinion though.