Preliminary stages
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Leedog wrote:
1. If anyone were to Google Star Wars Galaxy map... you would see the premise of what I'm contemplating.

2. I have the Disney contact information to see if we could just use the names of the planets.

3. Of course, any Star Wars map needs an Death Star and propose that be in center of map and is allowed to attack any other planet on map.

4. With the new Star Wars movies coming out, could be a very popular map on D-12.

Sure, maybe the odds aren't good, but have nothing to lose by asking... keep in mind, Thorpe received permission for his Westeros map.

marcoxa wrote:
i'm a big star wars fan and would love to see this happen. if someone wants a collaborate i'm up for it. if i had more time i'd try it going solo (no pun intended) but alas i do not.
Cireon wrote:
Yeah, I don't think they will give you the rights to use their names, so this is another tricky one, but I think having some kind of galaxy map is still missing on this website.

I don't like the idea of the death star really, because within two steps (A -> deathstar -> B) you can get everywhere, unless you want to make the deathstar useless and only be reachable from planets.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Pntbttr wrote:
I doubt you'll get permission for the map but I like the idea of the death star being able to attack all the planets but Cireon is right it would ruin the gameplay unless you made it a one way attack...death star can attack anything but only surrounding planets can attack death star...
blanco_nin0 wrote:
If it was not possible to get the ok for the galaxy map or to use the names of all the planets, there is also choice of doing one planet (like Tatooine or Endor) and have the territories be different areas on the map. For example using Tatooine: one area is Jaba's palace, another is Mos Eisley Spaceport, another is the Jawa transport. Something like that. Another idea is use a ship instead. Like use a Star Destroyer. divide it into sections and use the areas like the med bay, prison, bridge, cargo hold, dormitories, and hanger all as the main "countries" and divide those into territories.