Pull punches? or You snooze you lose?
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
scaldwell17 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm relatively new here, but have rapidly become addicted. Working on honing my skills, I play quite a few 2p live games, and from time to time the other player will miss a turn. It's sort of lame to win just because of that, so I wonder if it's more appropriate to take it easy on the other player for a turn in case they just missed one turn, or if I should adopt a No Mercy approach and take advantage. Interested to know your thoughts, sorry if it's been covered before; like I said, I'm new.

Cheers!
Thorpe wrote:
They join and if it is a two player game...all is fair in love and war.

I play at least a 4 player game and "Cap"...the only time is if that person is new and has not played caps before then I will warn him that he must keep his cap strong or I will take him out.

I like great players here on this site so I try to train them on what they are doing wrong and if they play poorly after that... then they will only learn by killing them.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
You should have no mercy with ppl that let you wait for 5 whole minutes.
Its kind of not very polite to make ppl wait that long. It is even planned to make ppl miss turn after 2 minutes, (and give them 5 full minutes only when they start their turn in the first two minutes).

Really, they should just not miss turns. If you play a live game, pay attention!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
farspaceplace wrote:
How about in a long term game? A guy dutifully has taken the last 15 - 20 turns, misses one and presents a good oppurtunity, which u wouldnt have otherwise. Personally im inclined to not act, (the first time it happens at least), but it is a bit of cheap shot, and not such a fun way to gain advantage.

(Im referring to low capped cards here - i realize in an increasing game w high turn in u might be "forced" to act, as gameplay sometimes goes fast).
Matty wrote:
For me personally, I'd be angry with myself for missing the turn, but I wouldn't blame the next player to take advantage on it.

If you do want to be gallant and not take the advantage: you can always message everyone and see what they think about it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria