• 21 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
marcoxa wrote:
is it time to start getting another tournament started up? i believe this time around we were going to try my idea and see how that works.
Fendi wrote:
A tournament is a good idea but I would rather wait till we can program such thing into the system instead of having to do it manually because it a real pain..
Matty wrote:
Well, I can give marcoxa access to (part of) the moderator panel, and he can start games by setting a password, leave the game himself, set the status back to waiting (cause it auto ends when the last player leaves) and then send the password to the players.

Im not sure if Marcoxa is a premium member, cause otherwise he can only start one password game, but I think he can create multiple password games if he leaves the first one before he starts the next one.

The only problem this gives is that the persons that want to join must have a slot open.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I have a better idea that shouldn't require too much programming. Will discuss in the staff forum.
killrick wrote:
just a couple of recomendations for the tourney marcoxa
use the world expanded map. if your gonna have a risk tourney make it look like the game {i am a classic fan }
fixed cards would be best as increasing leads to some lucky player with a cash at just the rite time make a sweep of the game.too much luck involved and not enough skill

but most important thing would be  invite a large peanut gallery to heckel and poorly advise the players
marcoxa wrote:
i like it, what does everyone else think? world expanded, fixed cards?
Thorpe wrote:
With the new trade-in will it help with the lucky turn-ins?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
The problem with fixed card games is that they tend to take a long time to finish - especially on world expanded.

So if you want to have a system that takes more than 1 win to reach the final, it might be a good idea to take a smaller map :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
killrick wrote:
um ??? matty ??? ya in a rush??? got somewhere to be?? isnt just playing something of a time killer so what it takes a long time to finish so what the 2012 winner isnt declared till 2014
the reason for a tourney is to see without a doubt who is the best player and getting a lucky turn and sweeping the game doesnt qualify
a good example is the d12 game going on now where someone is gonna win in 1 turn {my guess is 1771 will sweep us up soon}
The_Bishop wrote:
who can play this, everybody?
how about random options? (or even random maps)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
marcoxa wrote:
we could do random maps.....orrrr i just now thought of this. each game will have 4 players so what if the 4 players decided what map/settings they wanted?
Thorpe wrote:
You can have more than one tournament going on...this is why I said to put a tab...or option for tournament play.

Winner gets bragging rights and a star or ribbon by their rank or something like that for how many they win.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
1771 wrote:
I am weak...so weak...killrick must be using the ol' shift the focus off himself tactic.

Also for the record killrick my friend, you can choose whatever board, however you like the cards. I will be there to see you in the end, don't much care how long it takes :)