takes some guts!!
  • 27 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Matty wrote:
The reason I love risk is that even if the dice have such a huge influence, its still alot more a game about skill than about luck.

In 1 vs 1 player games its not, its more about luck than about skill.
Well, ok, you do have to know (usually) not to attack neutral, and to be a bit more agressive, but that's it.

The only reason I play 1 vs 1 games is either because im very bored, have two exams due tomorrow morning 6 am, or I want to learn a new player (friend) how to play 1 vs 1, because sometimes you just need that to finish a more player game.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
I do not play 1v1 cause it is a lot of time for so little reward and I normally win...boring.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Votazap wrote:
I play 1 on 1 all the time I used to get stressed about points but lately I don't really care
Vexer wrote:
I must say though that a refresher 2p game is a good idea everyone once in a while because fixed card games to get down to 2 players eventually and you better know what to do.
Glanru wrote:
Vexer's last post is good advice. But, it can also happen with increasing cards. Or don't play a refesher 2p game, I'm all for an easy end game.
BrewDog wrote:
I've played a few. They are usually steam rollers. 1st to gain a territory usually wins. I did play one the other day and lost b/c I feel asleep and was rather surprised when I didn't lose many points, it was against a basic. I rarely play live due to time constraints and morons. 
Glanru wrote:
Increasing cards can limit the chance of steam rollers. I played a game with Pntbttr on the house map that we both got each other down to 1 army several times in the game before it finished. I think card turn in got up to 40 or so.
Holt wrote:
Yeah that type of game happend in a game between myself and leedog as well Glanru. It all depends on how you play the 1v1 that determines the outcome. Sometimes it best to just not attack at all.
Vexer wrote:
It will be interesting once we get the capped cards option to see how it affects 2p games.

For those who haven't heard, Glanru's capped card idea is to have cards increase starting at 4 but they stop increasing at a number you specify when you create the game.
BrewDog wrote:
I like that option. That would also slow down the kill one, kill em all strategy on increasing games. Sometimes I need a break killing off multiple foes. I got arthritis in my trigger finger.
sekretar wrote:
Thorpe - Aug 1, 04:55 AM
I do not play 1v1 cause it is a lot of time for so little reward and I normally win...boring.
except when you play against me ;)