Message them and get them to come back and play
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Vexer wrote:
There have been some significant improvements on the site lately. I think that if some of our inactive players knew about it they would play again.

There are less glitches in live games, the site loads faster and there is less lag. It takes a lot less time to get live games started than it used to. There have also been several new maps (Eastern Asia, Tor, World Modified, Dominican Republic, Europe, Tamriel)

Below is a partial list of members who have played more than 30 games but have not been active on the site in the last 30 days. If you remember any of these players then send them a message and tell them about the improvements to the site and ask them to come back and play a game. We don't want to spam them so please only message them if you think they will remember having played you.

I think the server can handle a lot more players now so lets get some of these guys to play again.

rgenandt
arclight17
cody224
Emmdizzle
tehranimobile
WithAQuickness
jwg1994
meazza
Mustadio
gki7
bigdjuggalo
k-e-n
Bardugo12
Demian
KadeThorngage
thepurplelark
lowlander22
Libra
eejit12
Seph
macthehack
dansam20
nuftoby
moseleyfan
k0canada613
ARMAS
kingwicked
nina88
sasko
rubntug
mickydee
Sweeper
razarac
vasil
Epsilon
thack665
kickass
travsirois
jcquinif
luvero
Cian
andrejns93
lucide
fxwar
ruso
appeal
wacobudiselich
dang1
landslide
juanma88
dickensthe9
kawe
jad283
Maxpegasus
HectorGallardo
alcidesln
toposcrat
schiltronuk
kipper
gecegezen
qola
chopchew
FartParticle
Vulpis
dpods
kikis
AngusJustice
vonweil
AresGodOfWar
geppu
Styloke
keetje
ainvar
rampage4
lawsondj11
7AceAdrian
AJSquirrel
bramvs
ablamore
DICKMONGLER74
grym
zubermensch
beuker
piratm
viriato
andrewg-10
harp11
Rufina-Tomoyo
iceteaboy
izzach
flavitie
jorgerodriguez
android
aziz
hubbabubble
blackkness
vedalitas
fckmonkey
Col_Mustard
drifthunter
Alphaelephant
LIL_APPLEHEAD
Donkey
VALLEC11
santas22
headsh0t
mongo_anytime
jlmartinez94
Sidiaz
GallusCaesar
Copout
sdh_
Marwan66
uzar94
HellasKing
Blizzard417
wowzerz
lolural
kells2legit
pepi
divljak7
crazyivan2010
danxf11
GoldEagle
maks
Killface
Fahrenheit26
Flynner13
Moniker
DanDaviesxD
bronconation
eldjarn
hitmanjustin
LordVader
Zoob
crazypinkytexan
ServeGod3
rtm32
tippy
onstrangertides
skate2death_420
sir_smokesalot
HutchFinn
OFWGKTA
hugocat
angel
ryanoclair
radclnb
Wolvesbane
WhiteyPowers
thart
stroosie
NeypoUno
jambrosi

Some cheaters have been left off the list for obvious reasons.
k_w_cheng wrote:
Vexer, I agree that this site needs more players, but I also think this site needs more supporters - I am mainly referring to developers. We need more developers to customize new rules just like Capitol games which is a feature that I don't see other risk game sites have.

Another suggestion is how this site can be improved so that players will be willing to pay (if they have money) and/or contribute (if they have talents or ideas).

I like the idea that if a player created a good map, he/she can get one year Premium Membership. That is currently in place now, but hey, what about other talents or contributions? There should be an award system to facilitate player's contributions such as:
  • tournament organiser
  • game rule idea creators
  • game strategy guide writer
  • forum supporter
  • player supporter
  • etc.
All the above tasks can be taken out by an ordinary members rather than only restricted to Site Admins, but only if you can provide some incentives.

The incentive can be membership, access to information (such as strategy guide or in game conversations), # of max games, etc

Of course all these requires programming efforts, but hey you want to attract more players and keep them stay..that should be the way.
Holt wrote:
k_w_cheng as the site grows you are right we will probably need more help than we already have but at the current moment we have plenty of staff to field the concerns we have to address.

As far as the tournaments go they need access to the database in order to setup the games, hand out the rewards, etc. We don't have a specific panel to do that so it would need programming to have someone solely for that. It is not something high up on our priority list though considering the other things that are much more important before a tournament would really be worth the time. Right now they consist of practically the same members each time.

Vexer, Glanru, and Matty have been doing an excellent job upgrading the different glitches and panels that we need to make our site look presentable and enjoyable. We have made huge strides in the right direction and pretty soon will start looking into updating our game options. We feel with new game options comes a new found intrest in the site for old players that have left the site and for new coming in. I hope that you all stick with us as we continue to grow and the updates keep coming in.
Matty wrote:
I was thinking the other day.
if we can get to the password protected games, than a tournament organizer could make a game with the right maps and settings, set a password, leave the game himself, and tell the others to join it

That way he could easily start a new game without the need of database access.

He cannot return points or give extra points for a game, but still, we could have tournaments this way.

Now just to implement password protected games, but most bugs are fixed, and I think it can be done ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Crystal wrote:
Would work for players that had not met game limits... but for those who are at the five game limit they might not be able to participate.

PS I could be a tourney organizer.
Holt wrote:
That isn't out of the realm of possibility Matty. There will have to be a discussion though here in the near future regarding the way the tournaments go. I'll explain what I mean after I have thought it over some more.