whats this "check now" button?
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
marcoxa wrote:
there is this yellow "check now" button appearing next to "my messages" button, what is it? i click it and nothing happens?
Holt wrote:
It is a work in progress that Vexer will explain when he gets time. Roughly it is a way to check the status of your games and messages by clicking it without the database constantly having to check it for you.
Vexer wrote:
We added this button to help reduce the burden on the server. The server was checking for new messages and turns too often and causing lag. It will now only update automatically every 5 minutes. if you want more frequent updates then you'll have to click the button. This means that you cannot rely on 'my games' to automatically tell you that it's your turn in your live game when you are viewing another tab. It will force players to pay attention.

It was updating every 2.5 minutes and players who were looking at other tabs of the site weren't getting notified that it was their turn until the time ran down half way causing players to have to wait unnecessarily. Now you will have to check the tab that has your live game or click the check now button to know if it's your turn in a live game which will force players to pay attention to the game cause if they don't they will miss their turn.

@marcoxa, it only looked like nothing happened when you clicked it because you didn't have any new messages or turns to take since the last check.

I was going to post about it later because we are still not finished modifying it but I guess something had to be said now.
marcoxa wrote:
ok sorry but it was annoying me lol sounds like a great idea btw