• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
thaithai wrote:
there are some bugs in Europe 1814 map with foggy and Sametime.
if u conquer an infantry territory, u only can watch cavalry territory next yours which territory can't attack yours. you can't see artillery territory next yours which territory you can attack, but how you can attack it if you can't see it.
there is a bug with Sametime setting too:
if u attack B territory from A territory successfully then u have to fortify your guys from A to B.Suddenly Blue player attacks your B territory successfully (u only have a single on B),then you click fortification button to move your guys from A to B. WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
All your guys from A to B betray you, all yours guys change to Blue color.this is a big bug.
there is another bug , when i play sametime, i have to use smaller map to watch whole map,the red timer often become 0:00:00, then i have to click f5 to reload to watch timer.maybe someone miss turn cause this bug
Vexer wrote:
Fog doesn't work with the europe 1814 map. i wish i could disable fog on that map but i don't know how. To make fog work i would have to rewrite the code for fog games. I've looked into it but it is beyond my abilities. For now don't play fog on that map.

I have heard about this bug in same time games but no one has described it as well as you. Now i know exactly what is happening. I am not sure what is going on with the timer though cause i never play same time (probably cause it's buggy). This too is probably beyond my ability to fix. Thaithai you are welcome to look at the code and see what you can figure out. I can send you all the files if you ask for them.
Holt wrote:
I know that this would probably not be something you would want to do but maybe we should discontinue this map for now until we can figure out why this is happening and how to fix the problem. I worry that with new players coming to the site if they play this map and it bugs on them they may not continue coming back to play.
Vexer wrote:
just to be clear, the same time bug is for all same time games and not just on this map.

Fog does not work on this map. I will see if i can figure out a way to prevent fog games from being created rather than deactivating the map.
Pntbttr wrote:
if you can't get rid of the fog option you could write in the name "Europe...etc. (DO NOT PLAY FOG WITH MAP)"
Vexer wrote:
fog is now disabled on the map.

The same time bug on the other hand will be added to the to do list. I am going to add the word 'beta' next to the same time option so people know that it is potentially buggy. It never actually got out of beta because it has always been buggy.