Moved: click on 'Information' Then on the 'Site Rules' tab
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Paddlin wrote:
I do not understand why rule 2 is important. The others make sense.
Paddlin wrote:
Also, it is unclear why rule 4 isn't absorbed into rule 2. When I think of offensive, I just go straight to rule 4. 

I love the "no spamming" rule. I am not sure it is moderated thought ;)
Holt wrote:
Well Rule: 2 would be for more language violation based. Rule: 4 cuts to a more direct discrimination. You can degrade a person base on race, sex, religion, etc. without actually using foul language. That is why we seperated the two.
Nate0421 wrote:
is it against the rules to leave a game and can you leave a game and how do you leave a game...the guys i decided to play with are taking absolutely forever to move
lifeinpixels wrote:
Nate, once you join a game you cannot leave until the game is finished. It should be expected that some people take a while to think on their turns, but if you think they are waiting unnecessarily you should send a message to an admin or moderator and they will take a look.
Raedgh wrote:
I can not see any rule stating that in case of a Fog-of-War game, players shall not be allowed to tell the others about the locations and amounts of troops on a certain country where others are not supposed to know if they do not have neighbor countries. Or else, why would we choose to play a Fog Game?

For instance, check this one out:

http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=341332
Im old school , I still believe in respect
Matty wrote:
That's not in the rules, because it's not disallowed.

If you give away alot of detailed information, yes, that can be unfair, but it is very much allowed to tell that a certain player is very strong, for example, that he has all of America.

Even better, it is in the rules that one should play to win. If you are sure someone is waaaay to strong, than according to the rules, you should try to stop him. Sometimes the best way is to inform others over chat. Ofcourse: don't give away exact troop numbers and locations or things like that.

One can lie about that of course, so don't trust too much on info on chat.

For more info see this topic: http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1083
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
SpamFree wrote:
I play MANY Fog games and while it is not against the rules to disclose information, it is frowned upon.

I generally figure that, in Fog, chat is another weapon, which can be used to spread information or misinformation. The times I am most against giving info in Fog, which sadly is when it most often happens, is when a player dies he/she outs info on the attacker.

In short, giving info in Fog, if done, should be used judiciously or else you may find you have a reputation that will cause you to be excluded from games and/or avoided by players.

Fog = FUN:pirate:

RayintheLevant wrote:
It would make life easier for everyone if a new player can only start playing games after ticking a checkbox beside every rule