new option proposal
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
ThunderHunter wrote:
Hey, I just thought of a new feature.
I see discussion going on about randomness of the dice.
I think we want the dice to be as random as possible to keep the combats 'fair'. What about an option that allows to play without dice, so that every combat is as fair as possible?
E.g. when one has a battle 5vs7 then the result will be simply the difference: 2. The second player wins with 2 armies left and so eventually has 1 army on his attacking territory and 1 army on the conquered territory.
Note that one cannot conquer any territory that has the same amount of armies minus 1 (or more).

I think it 'd be a cool experiment. At least there are no annoying 18vs1 losses anymore. One cannot be unlucky in combat this way!

What do you guys think about it?
Matty wrote:
I really like the idea. One small remark that one should be able to stop before all armies are gone.

So when its 7 vs 5 for example, that the battle ends with 5 vs 3 for example.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
we have a better solution that doesn't ruin the game like this would. (trust me it would ruin it).

It's called advanced dice.
Here's the forum thread on it:
http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=421

It will get implemented as soon as Matty or some other programmer frees up some time to volunteer on the site.
anomaly wrote:
Hi Guys, I must agree, the dice are bad. the AI seems to be heavily weighted towards the defender....
Vexer i have tried turbo risk which is cool but have you guys tried Lux Delux http://sillysoft.net/lux/ Its the best offline risk game I've seen, check it out.
Vexer wrote:
I have tried lux delux before. The AI seemed to get harder by cheating and not by being smarter. By cheating I mean that the AI seemed to team up a little against the human player. The game costs money and I never bought it so I haven't really been able to fully review it.
BrewDog wrote:
Aren't the dice programmed to be completely random as a normal dice roll would be? Another solution would be to roll dice at home and take pictures. Hahaha... I love the dice. They just don't alway love me. My issue with bad dice is my own anger, I lose, I get mad, I don't know when to stop attacking.
Pntbttr wrote:
I agree with BrewDog...part of it is just skill, you need to know when to stop hitting the attack button...although advanced dice would be cool...
jamesjulius wrote:
If you want to play you-know-what without dice, then you should try "Diplomacy."

p.s.
This site needs password protected games.
Thorpe wrote:
If you want to make no friends then do play "Diplomacy" and make sure you have hours and days to play it! It took 8 hrs of talking "who will help who attack the other players" before we made our first turn!

at the end of the week the game ended cause the guy whose game it was took it with him cause he was Mad!

No Dice and all talk..."Diplomacy"
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next