This option would be a fun and useful option for all members who have premium
  • 20 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Votazap wrote:
There are some premium members(ds for example) who like to join a lot of games. For all premium members there should be button in the regular games that automatically puts you in every game. Its crazy and fun plus I wouldn't think it would be that hard to program on the site(I am no programmer so i wouldn't know). Its an option that would I would definitly use every now and then. In the future we could also make some fun options such as joining 1 random game or 2 random games and so on. Another reason for this option would be if you want to join a lot of games but you don't really have time you simply click *join all*.

All in all if I am wrong about it being easy to program I can postpone the idea till we have a full time programmer. I would defininetly do it if I knew how but unfortunetly I don't.

Tell me your thoughts :D
Pntbttr wrote:
I think we should also have a button for half or for certain maps or options...there should be drop down boxes one for each kind of option (example: Fog, Caps, number of players, Cards) and then once you fill out what you want you can search for it...
Paddlin wrote:
I wonder if premium members should be exempt from password protection. If all of the long term games had passwords, it would be hard to justify paying $25 for the extra games. It might not be an issue, as it seems to be fine right now. Just a thought.
Cireon wrote:
All nice that you enter all games with a single click, but keep in mind that there are also people that don't always want to play with you. I select my games to have different people in it. I also want to occasionally win a game and that won't happen with all you experts in every game.

Paddlin: giving premium members access inside password protected games would make totally take away the whole essence on which it is built: to be able to play games with people you actually WANT to play with. How would you think if you create a password protected game to play with your friends only and then suddenly on premium member barges in and ruins it?

I am more a fan of making password protected games a premium-only feature.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Holt wrote:
I can understand what Paddlin is saying. I am not sure if we should go as far as exempting them completely from password protection. Maybe what we could do is limit the amount of password protected games you can create and play at one time. That would help with how many password protected games are actually made at once instead of now allowing them to create them at all.
Paddlin wrote:
Ya, Cireon, I was just tossing an idea on the table. I agree w/ your views. I think Holt might have a happy medium here. Good ideas.
Cireon wrote:
Normal members: max. 1 password protected game
Premium members: max. 5 password protected games or maybe even unlimited, though I am not a fan of the latter.

I think that would be fair for both groups. It gives some extra "premium" to the premium members, limits the amount of password games and gives every user the ability to play private games :D

Another idea (probably even easier to program) could be to allow only premium members to create password protected games, while normal members can't create them but only join them.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
There is just one little thing

If im a premium member, I want all ppl I invite to be able to join it - so I think non premium members should be able to join 5 games, or maybe 5 games from premium creators or so...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
So what you are saying is that the limits for normal and premium members should be the same? If a non premium member has 5 open games, the player also can't join your game. The limit for password games is no different. As a normal member, there are limitations. I think you should be able to play games in a normal way as non premium member, but premium members have extra options and help maintain the website. Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of giving paying members an advantage, but I see password games as a special feature not required to play on this website.

Premium members currently don't really have much options. You pay some money to play unlimited games, that's it. I think password protected game limitation for non premium players is a good way of getting rid of the whole load of password protected games in the list, helps making premium membership to be really premium without really removing the real essence of the password games: playing games with a group of people you want to play with.
Crystal wrote:
I think that maybe it should be that only premium members can create password protected games (unlimited), But that anyone can play a password protected game if given the password.
Matty wrote:
When I first joined this site, I joined, and a couple of friends too - Cireon, Thunderhunter, SerialkillerNL.

Back then I really wanted a password option - I remember asking Vexer to set up a game especially for us. And back then I wasnt premium, and I wouldnt become either, because I didnt knew this site and its members at all.

So maybe its the new ppl that want password games, with their friends.
Maybe they stick around after having a good game, and play some more, with others too.
And then meybe they stick around.

So thats why I really want free members to be able to start and join password protected games.
I dont think it will be too long untill we have no point games and point range games - these will be premium only options (at least for creating).
Also they will have limits, for both premium and free members.

But I think this option should stay available for free members. Maybe with a limit, thats ok to me.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Then what's wrong with:

Myself
Normal members: max. 1 password protected game
Premium members: max. 5 password protected games or maybe even unlimited, though I am not a fan of the latter.
Matty wrote:
That the point in making password protected games is having your friends to join them - there arent that many premiums, so a premiums limit of 5 is useless, since he can never find the players to join them, since they only can join 1...
Cireon wrote:
Then he should get more members to get premium ^^.

I see no difference with the normal game limit. Non premium members can only play 5 games, while premium members can play an infinite amount. Do premium players run out of opponents?

Sure, if you, as premium player, only have non premium friends, you are limited to only one password game with all of them, but is it necessary to play multiple games with your friends?